PA 2022 Senate Race

The PA State Supreme court has really been activist for the Dems.

They are in large part culpable in the war in the Ukraine right now.

FWIW…I really like Dave White for Governor. He is running on everything opposite of Woofy.

Electing Supreme Court Justices is just stupid.

IMO this has only become a problem over the last 10 years.

Before the first map redraw I thought they were apolitical and served with distinction.

I don’t like judges running campaigns. IMO that makes them a politicians first and foremost. I also don’t like lifetime appointments. I would makes appointments last 6 years and you could serve a max of 4 appointments if you got reappointed.

2 Likes

Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

Wisconsin does it also…

Allan

Just like Wisconsin is for the republicans.

Elected judges is dumb.

Allan

lol… leftist dems supporting zimmerman clone. i guess all you need is a “d”

1 Like

pittsburgh has more than one mayor?

An update with a new poll.

Surprise here is Carla Sands hanging tough. I really like her.

On the Republican ballot, former hedge fund CEO Dave McCormick (13%), former ambassador to Denmark Carla Sands (11%) and Dr. Mehmet Oz (10%) lead a split field, with commentator Kathy Barnette (6%) and businessman Jeff Bartos (4%) trailing the pack.

Oz doesn’t have a chance. Wish we could get BOTH Carla Sands and Dave McCormick in DC fighting for the workers and PA.

McCormick won me over with his Let’s Go Brandon ad.

On the Dem side it looks like the populist commicrat pot champion has a big lead over the milquetoast lawyer. I expect that race to tighten up a lot.

I wish the party could coordinate better cooperation and placement of like-minded candidates vying for the same primary seat. Or even the candidates themselves. It always seems like such a waste of campaign money, effort, rhetoric. (I suspect the candidates themselves are a big part of this. That’s why I would like to see the party do some intervening on races like this.)

1 Like

So still no one on your field who could beat Fetterman or Lamb.

Lamb is my congressman. You should worry about him the most, he has actual massive bipartisan appeal.

The easy to overlook Senator Bob Casey is up again in 2024. The runner up should position for a campaign for this seat.

If the inflation does not at least plateau by late summer it won’t matter which dem is running.

I take it you are voting Lamb over Fetterman.

While Fetterman appears to be a good guy, I think we need more intellectually sophisticated national representation which does favor the military lawyer Lamb.

I haven’t decided. I’ve known Fetterman for years, he genuinely is a good guy personally. And dude is like a summa cum laude Harvard grad who came back to the hood he grew up in to become mayor. Everyone acts like that John is dumb because he looks like the Undertaker but you underestimate him at your own peril.

1 Like

OK. We shall see how this race shakes out. If Fetterman fends off Lamb I will be impressed.

I am close to the area and constantly see ads and hear the “locals” call in to the Philadelphia area radio stations to voice their concerns and support. They tend to be very negative about Oz, view him as a carpetbagger who is just trying to scoop up a senate seat, that he’s just a RINO. Most of the callers support either Sands or McCormick, both of whom are seen as “real Pennsylvanians” and true conservatives.

1 Like

I don’t care about “real” Pennsylvanians as much as ability and philosophy.

Sands and McCormick have it. Oz is a step behind even if he outspends them on ads.

I think that was just a counterpoint to contrast against Oz’s carpetbagging.

But, hey… carpetbagging worked for Romney, so …

1 Like

True. HillDawg also in NY.

Bartos is pushing the real Pennsylvanian brand in his sparse ad buys.

Yeah but everyone knows that statewide Pennsylvania politicians campaign like ideologues and govern like moderates. The closest we’ve come in decades to a governor or senator really at the end of the spectrums was Rick Santorum in his third term going full nutty Christian (he lost his next election by seventeen points) and our one GOP governor in the early 2010s who said one bad thing about unions and his approval rating dropped by thirty points overnight and he lost re-election.

Pennsylvanians as a whole don’t like extremist politicians.