Overnight Millionaires - WOW - OMG!

THAT I would object to.

But if the city of San Fran wants to burn down its own house, let it burn.

Except you know the fed would bail them out. And you might want to give a bit of thought about how far black people and other minority groups would be willing to go to get their hands on that much loot if SF sets the precedent.

1 Like

If (when) they burn their house down, do you honestly think there won’t be a federal bailout?

2 Likes

That would be the better fight to have.
It worked with Hitler.

Speaking of Germany, they are paying reparations to holocaust victims and families. They seem to be doing fine.

If someone wants to make fool of himself, let him.
No sense fighting it.

1 Like

Ironically, the proposal is reparations for discrimination not slavery. As the article points out, California never had slavery. So, if I’m a non-black minority who has been discriminated against, my first question would be what makes blacks so special that they get reparations, but I don’t get reparations as a Latino or an Asian minority?

2 Likes

My guess is there was specific policies that the government knew about that targeted black people.

It’s possible they were also targeting other minorities but right now they are focusing on black people

My guess is that none of this nonsense will ever see the light of day. But on the outside chance it did, I’m guessing that all non-black minorities would be up in arms and would immediately sue SF for their piece of the pie. And of course, we can’t leave out females and those with mental or physical handicaps. Everyone is going to want a piece of that action. I honestly don’t see how SF could possibly survive financially.

See If Germany can do it without a US bailout, so can San Francisco.
(Although I would have recommended San Fran first adopt the German education system, but that is a tangent.)

1 Like

That’s it, I’m moving to Cali and getting some work done! :rofl:

5 Likes

And if they want to claim their state and city were being racist all these years, who in government is getting arrested? Many of the people responsible should still be alive after all.

4 Likes

Comparing to the holocaust? Tsk, tsk.

Is that why black people hate the jewish people?

No better way to calm things down than to let a lot of people think they deserve millions, promise it to them, and then not give it to them.

1 Like

I am sure this won’t result in riots. Heck I would probably riot if they told me I deserved that much money and then didn’t pay up.

4 Likes

Hell I’ll put on my high visibility jacket and wave the tricolor!

Tonight we become French!

1 Like

If they’re smart, they’ll leave. Let the process of turning that place into a liberal hellhole come to fruition.

1 Like

Would have to be a violation of the 14th amendment, no?

The inmates are running the asylum. What a stupid idea.

Money doesn’t solve cultural issues.

I would think it violates the constitution in more ways than one.