Overnight Millionaires - WOW - OMG!

This is insanity. How is this even possible? Who is going to pay for it?

San Fran’s reparations committee proposes $5 million to each Black longtime resident, total debt forgiveness

The plan also calls on the city to supplement lower-income recipients’ income to reflect the Area Median Income (AMI), about $97,000, annually for at least 250 years.

Yeah, this proposal transcends silliness unto divine farce.

1 Like

I wonder if any black resident will see that and take on a bunch of debt, since it will be forgiven?

4 Likes

I should have started identifying as black years ago and run up a ■■■■ load of credit card debt.

3 Likes

Conversely, who in their right mind would lend a black person money or give them a mortgage if the government is threatening to wipe that debt out.

Wasn’t there a thread just a short time ago about San Fran running out of money?

2 Likes

Wait a minute. So you’re telling me I can take my half black ass (if this is passed) to San Fran, live there for a few months, run up crazy debt, get it all forgiven, and be given 5 million dollars???

pagani huayra here I come!!!

2 Likes

Although the amount of money seems insane, I think if reparations are ever going to be a thing… this is how they will have to be done. At the local level and based on racist government policies… not slavery.

download.jpeg-5
Suddenly rachel dolezal looks like a genius :rofl:

14 Likes

Nah you can’t…

“To be eligible for the program, the applicant must be 18 years old and have identified as Black or African American on public documents for at least 10 years. They must also prove at least two of eight additional criteria, choosing from a list that includes, “Born in San Francisco between 1940 and 1996 and has proof of residency in San Francisco for at least 13 years,” and/or, “Personally, or the direct descendant of someone, incarcerated by the failed War on Drugs.”

And $97k annual income for life! :+1:

2 Likes

I qualify for that last part.

Got a few family members in prison for drug charges.

Most of them are white and got busted selling meth, but I got one black cousin in the system for cocaine sales.

I want my Pagani and I want it now.

1 Like

On a general note.

I believe any reparations proposal to be inherently unconstitutional as a bill of attainder. By inference, the government is punishing non-recipients to benefit recipients for some real or imagined tort.

2 Likes

The only way for the government to wipe out the debt is for them to directly pay the lenders, right?

Or will it be like an expedited bankruptcy?

I’m assuming this is all state level. So unless your family was incarcerated in CA/SF it probably would not could as the 1 of 2.

The way I read it is you have to be black (proved by identifying as such for 10+ years) and have 2 of 8 criteria.

Well that’s a garbage plan then.

I want my Pagani.

San Francisco’s budget is $14 billion. There are about 50,000 blacks in San Francisco. If only 10 per cent are eligible for the $5 million lump sum, that would be $25 billion dollars. How would something like that even work?

I believe you might be right. I don’t see anyone actually collecting their $5 million, but the optics are incredible.