Our Jokester-In-Chief Laughs at Suggestion of Violence Against Illegal Immigrants

Trump played the crowd to that moment. Even the way he said “we would never use violence” was said in such a way so as to evoke the response he got.

Evidently it worked, because we’ve got Trumpsplainers on here saying “What more do you want? Trump told them we’d never use violence”.

Like I said…only someone who has no clue how humans think and act would try to use that lame-ass Trumpslanation.

Where you asleep thru 8 years of presidential harrassment towards Obama?

Yep- still doubling down on that Trumpslanation.

“we can’t let them use weapons. Other countries do, but we can’t (nod nod wink wink)”.

1 Like

There was no “nod nod wink wink” except in your mind.

There is ABSOLUTELY nod nod wink wink in order to get the crowd to EXACTLY where he wants to get the crowd to.

Trump cast the issue as “15,000 people marching (invasion)” on 2-3 “great, brave border patrol folks (Brave? Why would he call them brave? Well- because they’re standing between us and INVASION) and then “remember, we CAN’T let them use weapons” (silly laws and conventions!) Other countries do, but we CAN’T”.(What’s the point of invoking what other countries do? To legitimize using weapons at the border as an option)

And what’s the result of “we CAN’T let them use weapons”? “There’s no way to stop them…” at which point Trump gets interrupted by “just shoot them”.

Anyone who understands ANYTHING about rhetoric and its effect on people understands Trump was taking the crowd EXACTLY where he wanted them to go…and that someone went so far as to say to “shoot them” bothered him NOT A BIT.

4 Likes

What better place to hold a rally than at the doorstep of a city ravaged just months ago by a category five hurricane that still has years of recovery ahead of them? Nothing insensitive about that, nooooooooo…………

1 Like

So 15k people marching to the border… Where the hell are these people? Surely 3 border agents couldn’t stop 15k people from coming through

That might be accurate. Not knowing how to respond to a comment like that speaks volumes about him. He had to DECIDE whether or not to speak his mind. That ain’t good.

1 Like

If only there was a wall to stop those 15,000 invaders at our border. No, democrats say we can’t have that. How do we keep America safe when our soldiers (border patrol) can’t even use their weapons? No wall. No guns. No landlines. Might as well invite them in with open arms. Get them in front of an immigration judge asap. Maybe we need more judges.

I know I’m going to regret asking this, but are you asking how it would negatively impact the country if we started shooting people as they crossed the border? crosses fingers that I’m misunderstanding your point

A good public paddling ought to help the cause.

Lol it wasn’t a nervous laugh. The best part was the way he acted like he was a ■■■■■■■ goofball comedian and played it up yukking it up even more.

I would ask anyone who cares to actually listen to the audio. No, he was saying that since he would not allow the use of violence, the wall should be built to stop them.
That was his clear sell…no violence, build wall.
Whether you agree with whether the wall would work, that is what he was selling…not violence.

His clear sell might be the wall, but to get there, his tactic was to work the crowd up to believe there was an enemy invasion and we should be afraid, very afraid…

…and that one of the byproducts of that would be that someone might yell “shoot 'em” bothered him not a bit.

That’s how rhetoric works. If he’s got people saying “shoot 'em”, then he knows he’s got them sold on the fact that this is an enemy not worthy of any human consideration…so he’s got the right level of fear and anger built up.

I listened to the audio. I know how storytelling works.

4 Likes

I thought about that too yesterday. Any other decent human president would be excoriated for that selfish gesture. But no one expects decency from this animal anymore.

1 Like

And why even bring up shooting them as an option, because all that says is that he CANT shoot them, not that you shouldn’t shoot them.

Yes. Rhetoric. That’s why he added the “Other countries do it” phrase as well.

1 Like

Trump is a deplorable human being and his supporters are worse for allowing his behavior to continue.

2 Likes

Correct. We do need more immigration judges.

“The administration has succeeded in speeding the hiring of new immigration judges by 74%. The number of immigration judges has grown from 338 when the plan was introduced to 414 by the end of 2018.”

So perhaps Congress’s concern would be to get more judges in place? Not really.

“Lawmakers have raised concerns that some of those new hires have been politically motivated. In May, House Democrats requested an investigation by the Justice Department Inspector General’s office into allegations that candidates have been chosen or rejected for perceived ideological views.”

Totally true…when they say they are Alpha males yet cringe and lick donnie’s shoes, we know them for what they are.

1 Like