Our decisions affect others - vet dies because ICUs are filled

Easier than “Well hypothetically if someone were to answer this than one can assume the response would be …”.

Easier to just reference it directly.

But OK.

WW

1 Like

Yeah…with over 200,000 crossing in July alone and many of them infected…it had nothing to do with it.

1 Like

Can’t help but wonder how many are dying because of biden’s open border policies as well. :thinking:

3 Likes

Here’s your back up:

1 Like

No way: the real reason those ICUs are filled up is that the vaccine is dangerous and deadly; the Democrat media won’t tell you that, though.

3 Likes

Well, more like 28%.

But it is a national problem and people need to get vaccinated.
Also, why isn’t Washington working on this problem. Remember when hospital ships were sent to New York?
Once again the CDC was taken by surprise. No doubt with the new variants. Seal the border.

6 Likes

How bad is the nursing shortage in Texas? California has got it bad, I know that Oklahoma is suffering.

None of them could bring in variants developed in other countries, could they?

2 Likes

What’s this with nurses being fired for not being vaccinated? A good thing or a bad thing?

1 Like

I’m not for completely firing them, but maybe switching them from inpatient care to outpatient, or less patient contact. The main concern I have is HAIs.

At the end of the day, businesses are businesses and can set their own rules and regulations.

I’m seeing that nursing shortages are the main driving force behind everyone going on divert, because while there may be physical beds, there is not enough people to staff and take care of them.

Let’s get back to topic.

I suspect that is the topic, really. When they are talking about icu beds,they are really talking about the availability of people who do the sorts of things that need to be done in icu units, not the beds themselves…right?

1 Like

Well, you weren’t addressing ICU staff, you asked where I stood on businesses firing nurses (you didn’t specify those who worked in the ICU) as a result of vaccination status, as a loaded question to try to paint me as someone who is a liberal.

I have no idea. Probably as bad as every where else.

Was that what I was doing?

You tell me. I’m not here to play your mind games.

Yes, being overweight increases your own risks for multiple diseases. I suspect that most of the ICU patients are overweight.

The US has half as many hospital beds per person as it did 50 years ago. Economics are important.

1 Like

ok. I was asking your opinion on nursing issues because 1) I thought they were relevant to available beds/medical assistance 2) based on prior posts I had the impression that you might be more familiar with the issue than I am.

I did not and do not care whether you are liberal, conservative, or somewhere in between.

1 Like

In my area in Texas, people on local social media accuse nurses of profiting off of “injecting poison.” Can’t imagine why anybody would want to deal with that in their professional life.

Many of the causes of gallstones are also due to poor decisions, as in preventable.

But not contagious.