Our decisions affect others - vet dies because ICUs are filled

are gallstone problems clogging the ICUs?

You could hit someone with your car. Stay at home in fear.

Or wear a seat belt, drive in a car with an airbag and drive at safe speeds.

Why stay home in fear when a few basic efforts will make you so much safer?

1 Like

You still may hit someone and kill them. Your actions affect others. Stay home and don’t take the chance… It’s safer.

Yeah, but take reasonable precautions to protect yourself and your fellow americans.

Or just be an ■■■■■■■ (not you - the general you).

I’m all for voluntary compliance.

1 Like

You just said what I’ve been thinking (and itching to say) but too nice to actually say it.

The post I was responding to was complaining Covid patients who didn’t take the vaccine were taking up bed space from more worthy patients.

Welcome the newcomer the MU variant the latest to arrive to the U.S. via Columbia. And since we need to collect all of the variants coming from the south and around the world MU seems quiet an interesting addition.

“While the properties of its mutations lend itself to the hypothesis that the variant could infect people who have natural immunity to COVID-19 or have been vaccinated against the virus, more research is needed to confirm if that’s the case. It’s also possible monoclonal antibody treatments, which have yielded promising results in patients, might not work as well against the Mu strain.”

MU so far seems to evade vaccines more study is needed. The CDC has warned us months ago at this pace we where 3-4 variants from the current vaccines being ineffective, doesn’t seem to be a priority from keeping them out so if the CDC is right and MU looks like a contender the current vaccines would be worthless. Let’s hope initial studies are wrong.

“If a variant manages to render vaccines ineffective, it would require scientists to create a new vaccine and for countries to revaccinate their populations. A tall order given the extraordinary effort that it has taken to reach the current level of vaccinations, it would extend the pandemic, elongating the human and economic toll of the crisis.”

Where are the field hospitals?

Where is the USS Mercy? Hope?

Where are all the cries from the Governors demanding Bidens help?

My what a year will do.

Isn’t it typical that subsequent waves after the initial wave during a pandemic can be worse than the first one?

Are you telling me that they couldn’t see any of this coming?

They (states) didn’t have a contingency plan in place in case this happened?

Or did the vaccine and its distribution cause tunnel vision?

4 Likes

:rofl: Your seatbelt and air bag will save the person you hit?

Obeying traffic regulations might. Kind of like taking a vaccine.

1 Like

It’s against the law not to take the vaccine?

No, but it’s stupid and selfish.

May be a moot point shortly given the mu variant.

1 Like

I read about that earlier today.

Didn’t they find someone infected with mu in New Zealand of all places?

There is a shortage of staff in my state and those around me, not a shortage of actual beds. And it’s not just a shortage of nurses.
We also have the issue of our state is still performing elective surgeries which are patients also taking up resources.
These hospitals are in a catch 22. If they don’t do elective surgeries, they don’t make any money, if they don’t make any money, they can’t treat emergent patients.
I work for a rural hospital that belongs to a large group. If we stopped elective surgeries we would be out of business.

A real problem is that the vaccination-is-the-only-answer policy is overloading hospitals because it is used malign other life-saving treatments.

Dr. Fauci recently acknowledged the benefit of monoclonal antibodies that can greatly reduce the risk of hospitalization and death by 70 to 85% if used early in the disease. These treatments have been used with great success in Florida.

Most of the media has either ignored the treatments or is framing them as potentially dangerous because effective treatments may reduce the number of vaccinations.

Should the goal be to save lives or to maximize the number of vaccinations?

3 Likes

Maximizing vaccinations saves lives.

1 Like

Withholding life-saving treatment in the name of maximizing vaccinations kills people.

2 Likes