Our decisions affect others - vet dies because ICUs are filled

The DC swamp will break what little is left that functions in health care soon enough.

I am stocking up on gauze, tape, and merthiolate.

1 Like

I agree, obese people and those otherwise immunocompromised should get vaccinated.

Lol there’s nothing to be done when there’s no beds available.

Yes, many people will die because they can’t get ICU care rapidly enough.

1 Like

Everyone should get vaccinated.

I know about 8 people who died of Covid. None were obese.

If something is a prominent issue in current times I would think one would want to find a preventative measure and/or a long term solution. No one likes being in the hospital and it’s just bad news for all involved. For both patients and providers.

Maybe what I proposed in my thread is unethical, but what else can you do while everyone is waiting for better treatments to become available, COVID isn’t going to wait.

I think this is what I also implied in my thread.

I mean c’mon people.

Absolutely correct.

Only possible during a pandemic where 60-70 percent of the people are vaccinated…minus a few border jumpers.

People need to be holding their rep’s and the FDA’s feet to the fire to get through and approve the therapeutics that have been researched.

Actually they aren’t.

2 Likes

link?

Look it up yourself. COVID patients don’t make up the majority of ICU patients in any hospital I’ve looked at.

4 Likes

He’s going to point out that most ICU beds aren’t taken up by COVID cases. What has happened is that COVID has filled the available capacity.

So let’s say I have 100 beds. 75 are normally occupied leaving a 25 bed surge capacity. If there is a slew of 25 COVID cases needing ICU beds then that surge capacity is gone.

Why is it gone? Because of the COVID surge, not because the majority are COVID cases.

WW

1 Like

That is probably true - I should have said ‘vast majority of Covid patients in ICU are unvaccinated.’

I would agree with that statement.

To, not about.

Y’all just be believing anything now. lol

4 Likes

I know that isn’t true at least in the local hospitals in my city.

I don’t know about where you’re at.

???

WW

“He is going to say…”