O'Rourke tops poll

As a Caucasian born on an army base in the US to two Caucasian parents who gave me a Latino middle name, I’m sorry Beto’s nickname hurt you.

My non-Israeli/Hebrew mommy and daddy didn’t give me the nickname of Yoni that I got in Israel and stuck for many years later. Your point is a stupid one.

Cool story. Thanks.

What’s the deal with the outrage from trump supporters, that a white dude has a Spanish nickname?

Cultural misappropriation is a serious issue in this country.

Read the thread. I haven’t seen any outrage.

There are over 100 members in the Progressive caucus. Is the Progressive caucus far left? Was FDR Far left?
Hillary is/was a centrist, a DLC Democrat.

I suppose it is far left, when compared to the Republican party. But in the real world…it is simply liberal.

Nope. Just a liberal. And he got elected 4X.

Hillary is/was a centerist that got millions more primary votes than Bernie. Compared to Hillary, and most Democrats, Bernie and his supporters are far left.

How else would you describe dozens and dozens of posts whining/complaining/filled with righteous indignation over the dude’s nickname?

Nearly half of the democrats in congress are part of the Progressive caucus.
The Democratic party is moving back to the left, which is why they got so many voted in the last election. (Trump was also a factor)

I know she got more votes in the primary. And then she lost. I voted for her in the general.

I didn’t write any of them.

That sounds very hurtful. Even I am hurt by that. Apologize.

1 Like

You got culturally misappropriated. Seek forgiveness.

1 Like

I apologize to Rufus Sewell for being such a fan that I misappropriated his name.

This thread has taught me that it isn’t possible to be too sensitive, and I’m sorry for learning that lesson so late.

On behalf of Beto, I apologize that his nickname is causing such discomfort.

I’m sorry to Beto for presuming to speak for him.

I’m sorry to myself for this post.

3 Likes

So you didn’t write this?

or this

Which is all irrelevant to the idea that Bernie is a far-left progressive. The number of people who supported him, or voted for Ds over Rs in in the midterms, is moot to whether he’s far left.

Bernie--------Hillary--------Center

He’s far left of center.

FDR was Fascist. Before Hitler became a bad word they traded compliments with each other on their economic programs.
FDR based his New Deal on Mussolini’s Fascist state.

I apologize for being named after my dad whose middle name was given to him by a mother who liked a famous Latino celebrity.

Amen.

2 Likes

Lol. Trump will look nothing more than a crazy old man on stage.