Orange County, A Conservative Bastion, Turns Blue For The First Time In Decades

@NebraskaFootball is spot on. Trump made the midterms about himself, and in the process the Republicans lost the House. That is a fact. Do you dispute this fact?

4 Likes

The house flipped. That is a fact. Everything else you stated is simply spin on that fact.

Folks took him seriously not literally and voted against himā€¦

ā€œIā€™m not on the ticket, but I am on the ticket, because this is also a referendum about me,ā€ Trump boomed this month at a rally in Southaven, Miss. ā€œI want you to vote. Pretend Iā€™m on the ballot.ā€

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/i-am-on-the-ticket-trump-seeks-to-make-the-election-about-him-even-if-some-dont-want-it-to-be/2018/10/17/069406f6-d0bc-11e8-a275-81c671a50422_story.html?utm_term=.fef2f8e157e0

4 Likes

Trump very much made the midterms about himself. That was the reason he had all those rallies. He talked repeatedly about his agenda being at stake.

3 Likes

Ouch

10ouchies

That quote will always be fun.

1 Like

And pretend they didā€¦

I certainly treated the election like it was a referendum on Donald. See, he can unify us!

The mid-terms are always a referendum on the President. 2018 was no different. (opinion)

Once again he fared better than Clinton and Obama; worse than Bush. (fact)

All 3 were reelected. (fact) Iā€™m expecting Trump will as well. (opinion)

Umā€¦the only one that made a prediction in this thread was you.

Based on an assumption that the facts on the ground that led to the 2016 results will still hold true in 2020.

Thatā€™s a very bold prediction to make given a) the facts on the ground have already changed since 2016 and b) 2020 is far far away in ā€œpolitics timeā€ā€¦and we have no idea what things will be like then.

Which really is all @NebraskaFootball was saying to youā€¦causing you to go into a NeverTrumper rant.

5 Likes

My prediction is based on past history. The last 3 Presidents were reelected. I believe Trump will join that group.

If you go back and revisit my conversations, you will find that Nebraska was trying hard to convince me that Trump had been soundly repudiated in the 2018 mid-terms, thus implying that Trump Supporters were abandoning him in droves.

I seriously doubt that is the case, and we will see in 2020 who is right.

But you have given no reasoning here or factual, logical basis for this, other than feelings.

True.

Nope. You invented that part out of whole cloth.

Of course you do, because it is a weak strawman you constructed to knock down.

2 Likes

Leave it to you Never Trumpers to pull a meaningless obscure metric to spin the narrative that Trump was soundly repudiated. :roll_eyes:

America rejects Donald Trump and all that he is. This is a good thing for our future. Letā€™s celebrate!!

2 Likes

Trump specifically made this mid term about himself. (Fact)

2 Likes

America also soundly rejected Clinton and Obama in their first mid-term. They were both reelected.

Irrelevant. Mid-terms are a referendum on the President as a general rule.

The times they are a changinā€™ as America just says NO to Trump! He lost his Rust Belt shield that allowed him to squeak out an EC victory in WI, PA, and MI. Show me something similar with either Obama and Clinton if you want to compare apples to apples.

What is irrelevant to you is irrelevant to the fact that Trump specifically made the mid terms about himself. (Fact)

Once again, you are looking to hold the 2020 elections right here right now and are working feverishly to bully me into accepting the results you have preordained.

Iā€™m happy to wait until 2020.

Having beat this to death, Iā€™m done.