Orange County, A Conservative Bastion, Turns Blue For The First Time In Decades

Personally I cant wait for 2020, Trumpers and so called “conservatives” will lose big (opinion)

1 Like

So you cannot bring anything forward that would be an equal comparison with Clinton or Obama to what Trump just lost with the Blue Wave that washed over his Rust Belt shield in WI, MI, and PA? I did not think so.

Yes, you’re done because you cannot refute what you know to be true. Even if you refuse to admit it. The 2018 midterms were a resounding rejection of Trump, and have made his re-election chances all the more tenuous.

3 Likes

most sane people know it. hell, Trump said it in rallies.

1 Like

This prediction isn’t based on past history.

Historical fact- there have never been four consecutive Presidents who were re-elected.

Never.

2 Likes

What states can you point to where they lost their Electoral College advantage?

You must not be a well-paid statistical analyst like some people.

I haven’t run the equation to actually figure the probability of having four consecutive Presidents re-elected.

However as I said, peek’s observation wasn’t based on any observable past history.

Much more to the article than I posted. Highly recommend one reads the whole thing.

“The resistance” turned out voters in astonishing numbers, performing well in both traditional swing states in the Midwest — including the states (Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania) that essentially lost Hillary Clinton the presidential election in 2016 — and new-fangled swing states such as Arizona and Texas. Turnout among young voters was high by the standards of a midterm, and voters aged 18 to 29 chose Democratic candidates for the House by 35 points, a record margin for the youth vote in the exit-poll era. The Hispanic share of the electorate increased to 11 percent from 8 percent in the previous midterm, according to exit polls. To some extent, these are stories the media missed when it was chasing down all those dispatches from Trump Country. In a descriptive sense, this was a really big story.“

“This year’s results do serve as a warning to Trump in one important sense, however: His base alone will not be enough to win a second term . Throughout the stretch run of the 2018 midterm campaign, Trump and Republicans highlighted highly charged partisan issues, from the Central American migrant caravan to Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation to the Supreme Court. And Republican voters did indeed turn out in very high numbers: GOP candidates for the House received more than 50 million votes, more than the roughly 45 million they got in 2010.

But it wasn’t enough, or even close to enough. Problem No. 1 is that Republicans lost among swing voters: Independent voters went for Democrats by a 12-point margin, and voters who voted for a third-party candidate in 2016 went to Democrats by 13 points.

Trump and Republicans also have Problem No. 2, however: Their base is smaller than the Democratic one . This isn’t quite as much of a disadvantage as it might seem; the Democratic base is less cohesive and therefore harder to govern. Democratic voters are sometimes less likely to turn out, although that wasn’t a problem this year. And because Republican voters are concentrated in rural, agrarian states, the GOP has a big advantage in the Senate.1

Nonetheless, it does mean that Republicans can’t win the presidency by turning out their base alone, a strategy that sometimes is available to Democrats. (Obama won re-election in 2012 despite losing independents by 5 points because his base was larger.) In the exit polling era, Republicans have never once had an advantage in party identification among voters in presidential years. George W. Bush’s Republicans were able to fight Democrats to a draw in 2004, when party identification was even, but that was the exception rather than the rule.”

I’m not a statistical analyst. Never claimed to be one.

A google search shows Trump’s chances are pretty good. The historical precedent I cited is mentioned in more than a few articles. I didn’t find anything pointing to the historical fact you cite. While it might be factually correct, I don’t believe it is relevant.

What Google searches show Trump’s chances are pretty good?

What historical precedent are you referring to for Trump? Be specific.

You don’t need to “find anything” pointing to the historical fact I cited other than a list of the Presidents and their terms in office. It’s not hard to find.

1 Like

You have cherry picked an historical fact and have assigned your own relevance to that fact. You are then inviting me to dispute the fact.

I don’t dispute the fact you have uncovered. I dispute the relevance you have assigned to it.

There is no need to beat this to death any longer. I get it. Trump haters have already conducted the 2020 election and Trump lost. Case closed.

I’m going to wait for the actual election. Whether or not Trump haters can live with that is irrelevant to me.

I’m done with this discussion.

Yes this number grows while the number of people identifying as Republicans shrinks. You see how this might be a problem?

1 Like

What concerns me is the younger generation embracing DEMs by a large margin. That shows how successful the DEM indoctrination of our young has been.

This is so lame.

It encompasses perfectly their permanent victimization mentality. It’s always someone else’s fault. The younger generation would be turning out for Republican ideas and policies, if the pesky Democrats were not so good at indoctrinating them all. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

LOL

10MakeAmericaRakeAgain

Well, that’s one very dumb way of looking at it.

3 Likes

You are sounding more like a LIB every day. Man do they have your number. :roll_eyes:

Well of course I wouldn’t expect LIBs to admit to their indoctrination. Geeze!