Orange County, A Conservative Bastion, Turns Blue For The First Time In Decades

It’s a pretty weak deflection, even for your standards. So, want to try again to refute my post, or are you just here to try to waste bandwidth?

I never said anything about statistical significance. I simply stated that in the larger scheme of things, Never Trumpers are of no consequence.

You stated a small number of meaningless facts, unlike my fact which was meaningful.

Yes, he is. And everything he says and does reflects upon his party and our country. Just like everything that Theresa May says and does reflects on her party and her country.

So your contention is that these 10% of republican never Trumpers, added with those of us never Trumpers who have left the Republican party, is of no consequence?

In a world of narrowing razor thin victory margins in elections, that’s an interesting position to take.

1 Like

For starters, my facts related to current events in the here and now, and the impact they will have on the future. Your fact was of no consequence to the discussion and was a cheap deflection.

Secondly, your subjective opinion on what is meaningful versus meaningless is just that. Your opinion. And one I would argue is a poor one to hold, given current events being discussed.

Finally, I accept your concession that you cannot refute my points. I’ll chalk it up to your concern that my FACTS will lead to the conclusion I drew, which is a tough hill for Trump to climb for re-election now that he lost his Rust Belt shield.

1 Like

Why is this a “stunning” turn of events? All you have to do is look at the demographics.

I never stated nor implied the 10% were Never Trumpers.

Never Trumpers were of no consequence in 2016 and they won’t be of any consequence in 2020.

You have an agenda that stems from an arrogant believe that your Never Trump position is heroic and patriotic. You have then attempted to elevate your position using a mistaken believe that large numbers of Americans have suddenly seen the light and are soundly rejecting Trump.

My position is that you Never Trumper’s are simply deluding yourselves.

I strongly believe Trump will be reelected in 2020, and that once again you Never Trumpers will be left holding the bag, while wondering what happened.

Can’t say that I enjoyed trading insults with you yet again. In that vain, I’m going back to my extended hiatus.

Time shall tell. Yet again. As we left it after the last discussion prior to the midterms. And we know which of us came out ahead there.

Goodbye. Thou shall not be forgotten.

5 Likes

The most American thing you can do is try to take down Trump.

1 Like

:+1: Bye :+1:

1 Like

One might even say it is patriotic.

There are a lot more than you think.

In my congressional district the republican incumbent won by 10% in 2016

This time he lost by 4%

What was the difference between 2016 and 2018?

Allan

Wrong on both counts. His facts provide a basis for review of the 2018 election and potential implications for 2020. Do you seriously believe that looking at the trends in swing states, such as the ones Trump narrowly won in 2016 against historical norms, is “meaningless”?

As for your “hiatus”, oh no!! Whatever will the board do without a highly compensated data wizard, one who can do multivariate regression with only an abacus, and that only being used to hold up a can of beer??

Perhaps someone else will step forward to fill your shoes - someone else who can cherry-pick the most favorable snippets of data from a series, take a ruler, draw a line and proclaim “trend!!”.

2 Likes

We are all gonna miss ya here.

Come back when the hurt of the midterms loss isn’t as great for you.

I can feel you pain in your posts.

Allan

Nebraska did what many LIBs do. They present a small number of facts and then proceed to spin those facts to fit their narrative. They then declare their spin as factual and challenge anyone to dispute the facts.

The facts are the facts and the spin of those facts is just spin.

I’m not a data wizard and never claimed to be one. I am highly compensated however for my work. I’m old enough to have used an abacus and a slide rule. Finally I don’t drink.

Your comments about cherry picking data for analysis, further confirms that you haven’t done much in the way of statistical analysis.

That is a complete and total misrepresentation of my post. Which is obvious due to your inability to even attempt to counter my sentiments with anything more than a weak deflection. But I’m not surprised. It’s what we have come to expect from you on this forum.

I posted facts regarding WI, PA, and MI. And then I extrapolated potential implications from those facts. You are free to dispute my conclusions, but try to do so with something more than just feelings. Bring your own facts to challenge the assertions, if you can.

But I suspect you won’t. Because you can’t. And you know my conclusions are sound in logic.

4 Likes

Just as I stated. You presented facts and then added your spin to those facts. Despite your claiming otherwise, your spin is based on feelings. Never Trumpers are attempting to spin the 2018 mid-terms as a complete repudiation of Trump in order to make themselves feel good about their hatred of the man. That’s what I see. There really isn’t anything else for me to say on the topic. We will see what we will see come 2020.

Like I predicted. You cannot dispute my conclusions with any factually based logic or reasoning. Just feelings and some complete misunderstanding of what “spin” actually means. Thank you for once again proving me right though. That always feels good. :+1: