One week till Marijuana is legal in Canada

I’ve had quite a bit of illegal underground alcohol, there is more of it than one might think.

I’ve been wondering about something and you could probably tell me, being a Colorado resident.

Do they have stuff like good old “Columbian” and “Acapulco Gold”? I haven’t smoked in decades save for the occasional fishing trip with friends or whatever, but if I did, that’s what I would want. That new ■■■■ is way too strong for me. Seriously lol.

They aren’t anything I’ve looked for since I like indicas, but I did a search on Leafly and there are 2 places here that are offering Columbian Gold and one place offering Acapulco Gold. And I know what you mean about the new stuff being too strong. It’s why I prefer Northern Lights and Hash Plant. :slight_smile: Besides which when they’re breeding for more and more THC, they’re not taking into account all the other terpenes and cannabinoids and I think they’ve lost a lot, in doing that.

1 Like

You don’t have to buy top shelf. You can save some $ by buying mids.

Or you can take a single hit, instead of the amount you are used to smoking.

1 Like

If you walk into a decent dispensary and say exactly that they’ll give you what you want. Something cheap and outdoor grown.

Honestly though, even that will kick your ass. If you haven’t partaken in a while not only is your tolerance gone but you’ve aged and you won’t have the same reaction. I wouldn’t worry about trying to find the weakest strain possible when instead you can just regulate what you take. Buy something delicious and start very small. At worst, nothing happens.

If you were looking at it like alcohol and just wanted to catch a light buzz at dinner you wouldn’t go out and buy MD 5050 and drink the whole bottle. You’d get yourself a nice tasty wine that matches your dinner and have a small glass. With cannabis you can get a nice weak-tea and drink a little. A cookie and have a small bite. A dank nug and take a small puff…

1 Like

Both those cultivars still exist but neither are the real deal anymore. What might work even better for you would be a THC dominant strain with measurable amounts of CBD (i.e - 2:1 THC:CBD ratio) or to mix in a little CBD.

I’m friends with an award winning breeder and there is a lot more emphasis lately being put into working on the entourage effect and bringing out the terpenes & cannabinoids lost through decades of selective breeding for THC only

@sikofit - your’e wiki is open.

It’s good to know they’re working on the terpenes and such. It just makes me sad for what’s been lost in some of the older strains already. Even though they weren’t high in THC and you could pretty much smoke all night, they just felt different to me.

Every now and then we’d get one particular kind that made me feel almost paralyzed it was a strange and not unpleasant feeling.

No heirloom seeds left eh? Maybe in somebody’s old man cave somewhere ha.

I just found a local nursery that has a large selection of clones and seeds.

Oh goodie. Every clone is only 15 dollars. Granddaddy Purple, Pineapple Express, Purple Kush, White Widow, Blue dream…

I find edibles are a good way to get a small dose, a lot of the new stuff is so potent that one hit will kick your ass but a 5 or 10mg edible will give you a mild buzz.

Gummies are a good way to get that micro dose you’re talking about.

Yep, have to be patient though and give it time to work. I hope Michigan legalizes, two hour drive from my house, not that I would umm do anything illegal like drive there to get some even though it’s still a small misdemeanor to possess in Ohio.

Well Dr Greenthumb (again, I hope I’m not violation any rules here) says it has original Panama Red & G-13, to name a couple.

1 Like

Check carefully or treat for spider mites. They can ruin a whole crop. We have some sources that are clean here, and some not so much.

Thanks for the tip. If I get a chance to do a grow I’ll appreciate knowing to look out for that.

I’ll bet they do legalize. I like edibles a little, but they seem to affect me differently. It weirdly feels like the high is centering more in the back of my head than the front.

And they are tiny and hard to see without really good eyes or magnification.

You’re talking about alcohol that you purchased that was produced for the black market? Or beer that your friend made at home in his kitchen? That’s not illegal, by the way.

The high tax seems to be causing the black market to remain.