One week till Marijuana is legal in Canada

Somewhat, which is a flaw in the setup definitely. But that’s not what your question was. You questioned dems cracking down on 500 pot stores.

Yes… It’s a victimless crime, why should anyone be busted for tax evasion.

Isn’t that why the dems cracked down on them?

Two Day left.

Are you exited? :slight_smile:

How high is the tax?

You talking about the Canada because tax rate very a lot depending on which province your in.

Speaking of Canadian marijuana, Canopy Growth is up 14% today…half of that is unwarranted exuberance in my opinion, as casual traders are wandering in based on impending Canadian legalization. I do like that they’re buying up little ankle biters though.

You can but you have to have a medical card and there’s a limit.

Yeah, it’s the same here. 6 plants per person and only 3 can be flowering. But you don’t have to have the medical card to grow.

That seems really high. The limit in Washington is 4 per household with a medical card for a single user or 15 if it’s a “communal” garden. Recreational growing or growing without a permit is still illegal.

Well to clarify it used to be 6 for every adult in the house. They changed it to 12 total - the change didn’t apply to us, so I forgot about it.

Hard alcohol.

No, the goal is to rake in a butt load of taxes.

1 Like

the new laws are harder on illegal use then current ones.

Laws mean nothing if there’s no enforcement. Just saying.

Right? They sell kits for that where I’m at.

1 Like

I remember reading an article about a new trend of guys selling home brewed beer to neighbors out of their garage now. Can’t find it again though.

It’s the reason some Congress members started to push to legalize it Federally. They saw how much revenue the few states who legalized were suddenly bringing in and went ka-ching.

You’ve purchased hard alcohol on the black market?