One week till Marijuana is legal in Canada

The countdown is on till with just a week left till complete legalization.

On Oct. 17, Canada becomes the second and largest country with a legal national marijuana marketplace. Uruguay launched legal sales last year, after several years of planning.

It’s a profound social shift promised by Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and fueled by a desire to bring the black market into a regulated, taxed system after nearly a century of prohibition.

It also stands in contrast to the United States, where the federal government outlaws marijuana while most states allow medical or recreational use for people 21 and older. Canada’s national approach has allowed for unfettered industry banking, inter-province shipments of cannabis, online ordering, postal delivery and billions of dollars in investment; national prohibition in the U.S. has stifled greater industry expansion there.

1 Like

Congrats to Canada!

2 Likes

2nd that!!!

1 Like

There are number of question on how America is going to handle this seeing with Session in control of the DOJ.

It would be nice if we knew…

Michigan is voting in one month for legal marijuana. Hopefully, the polls are right.

2 Likes

It will bring jobs, we have a farm in my areas has hired over 400 people in the last year alone.

good paying jobs starting at 16$ hour with full benefits.

Go Michigan! Wasn’t it already legal in Ann Arbor years back or is that some rumor I heard?

If you get caught with marijuana in AA, it’s a civil infraction. ($25 => $50 => $100)

Ah. Thanks.

And you know, if you’re anything like me, it’s going to be fun for a while to be able to go to the stores and buy it. I imagine that’s because it was stupidly illegal for so long. :slight_smile:

Congrats to Canada.

I love that I can pick out any strain I want. I was never able to “shop” before. You’d get what the street guy had. (Maryland - Medical only legal at this time).

Exactly, and you never knew if what the street guy had was what he said it was, lol. Or what pesticides may have been used. So much better now. Are you able to also grow your own? I think, not sure, that in either Washington or Oregon you can’t grow your own legally.

No, can’t grow my own yet. I think they can in DC. (I did find a seed in the medical stuff I bought twice - thought that was odd).

It is odd, but it happens. My husband got a whole bunch of seeds in some blue dream, and he’s been growing that off and on for a while. I never find any seeds in the stuff I like, damn it. :slight_smile:

I’m going to throw them away - figure once it’s legal to grow here I can also but seeds.

Love Blue Dream BTW - I get the flower and a PAX cartridge.

Just like Cal, the underground market will thrive due to high taxation…

Is cheating on your taxes a victimless crime?

Dems crack down on 500 pot stores… ?