One and only Kavenaugh Hearings Thread (part 1)

Don’t know.

The ones that were released to the public weren’t particularly bad.

There are no worries though… Kavenaugh will be the next Supreme Court judge. There is no stopping it.

Kennedy, Kennedy’s kid, trump…Kavenaugh has been in the bag for some time now. Why I dont know.

Anyone paying attention to these hearings is observing libs really show their colors. The two California Senators are two of the worst. Feinstein really looks like an ass and Harris an absolute liar. This will not help libs in the upcoming election.

Don’t forget Booker.

The public is not going to confirm.

What’s the point of saying something like that?

What’s the point of making committee confidential documents public?

I am surprised that you would be in favor of secrecy when confirming Supreme Court judges… unless it is a result of cynicism around ephors.

It’s not secrecy. Committee Confidential

No, no…I’m Spartacus. :sunglasses:

Yeah. I think I am done here also.

You were done a while back. On “state capitalism” too. I’m practicing patience today.

When he worked for the government he was advising Presidents. That falls under executive privilege. Congress has no more right to ask for that than the President can ask for the details of all advice Senators receive.
Nor would it be relevant. When giving legal advice you are advising what the courts are likely to rule and what may be done legally. That is a far different position than a court ruling by a judge.
It is the position of an advocate, not a judge. They are different things.

Oh, and attorney client privilege belongs to the client.
Executive privilege belongs to the President.

Neither belongs to the attorney.

1 Like

So you don’t think that Congress and the American People should know the positions that a potential (probably 100% chance of confirmed) Supreme Court Justice advocated when in an official government position.

OK.

.>>>>

Hillary advocated for a client to blame the victim to get her client out of a rape charge. Didn’t stop people from voting for her.

You are not that simplistic nor naive. If they want to know his positions as a judge the opinions are there. Anything else, they can ask. As they did.

Some people are idiots, what can I say. I voted GOP - didn’t vote for Hillary or Trump.

.>>>>

You’re making an argument for releasing all documents relevant to Kavanaugh. Is that what you meant to do?

There are documents that simply cannot be released for general viewing. This would happen no matter who the nominee is. It isn’t a matter of secrecy but attorney-client privilege as well and presidential privilege to keep sensitive documents out of public view.

All of his rulings and opinions are available for anyone to review. If you don’t like or disagree with the rulings then you have a good case and point.

However, if you are basing your opinion on what is being held back from the general public but is committee specific, then to me, this falls into speculation and does not have a good case or point.

As has been pointed out, Executive Privilege belongs to the President. Legal advise was more than likely given on highly classified matters. You and I are no more privy to that than we are to anything of a classified nature.