One and only Kavenaugh Hearings Thread (part 1)

People?

Booker violated the committee confidential rule, what did you learn?

This whole situation about an unnamed person accusing him of assault during high school is complete a non-issue, and its embarrassing to see democrats trying to get mileage out of this.

As a teenager I said things to girls that these days would not be tolerated. I was a stupid teenager and a bit of a prat. One of the most common ways of reacting to a girl who would not date you was to call her a lesbian. Obviously our tiny minds at the time could not comprehend that a girl would not want to date any of us for any other reason. I am sure today that could be considered a hate crime.

Of course ignorance does not excuse behavior of the past but it has to be looked at in the context of the time.

I have no doubt that Kavanaugh did or said similar things when he was a teenager but to now to come out and try and make a case out of it is ludicrous.

My stance on nominees to the SC has been consistent since I first started taking an interest in American politics back in 2001. The president should get his choice of nominee unless there is some compelling reason to vote against it. And an unnamed woolly accusation from decades ago is not a compelling reason.

As critical as I am of Trump he has every right to have his choice for the Supreme Court to be allowed to take their position.

3 Likes

She came forward and is no longer unnamed, is a respected professor and took a lie detector test which is being made public.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/california-professor-writer-of-confidential-brett-kavanaugh-letter-speaks-out-about-her-allegation-of-sexual-assault/2018/09/16/46982194-b846-11e8-94eb-3bd52dfe917b_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.9c2f166b5be9

What was she doing at a party while in 10th grade where there was drinking?

^Pathetic attempt at blaming the victim.

Underage drinking is cause for sexual assault? And does the rapist Kavenaugh get a pass for underage drinking or will you condemn him as well?

So now she is saying he raped her?

Sure he did.

There is no proof of that. It’s a “she said he said” which will remain as such, since the alleged incident took place more than 30 years ago, and there are no corroberating witnesses as far as we know. In fact, the other guy who was named in the alleged incident has strongly denied this took place.

2 Likes

There will be no good outcome to this. Many on the left are calling Kavaugh a rapist without any evidence except one woman’s claim. If he still is confirmed he will forever be tainted.

Hard to imagine what this must be doing to his family.

I think it’s Amy Comey Barrett time.

Yes because he is going to freely admit that he cheered his friend on while watching him try to rape someone

Good, pull him and put Kethledge in.

If Kavanaugh withdraws the next one will be a woman.

To @sikofit you have already decided he’s guilty based on one persons’ claim, who apparently told NO ONE either at the time or years later?

It was very different with Moore, because he had multiple accusers who actually told people about the incidents years ago when they happened.

Usually their is a pattern of sexual assaults…where are others?

I hope they are going through hell. Anyone who did what he did deserves to have his live ruined

Kethledge. No women.

Did what dude?

Actually she did. This came out in therapy years ago

There we go! GET HIM!

None that I know of… yet. But who knows? Maybe more women will step forward now.

Amazing he went through confirmation more than 10 years ago to get on the circuit court and still none of ths came out.

1 Like

Bitterness coming from the left knows no bounds.

So you want to see his life ruined based on one person’s word and that alone is good enough?