One and only Kavenaugh Hearings Thread (part 1)

LOL rushing her. A week is rushing? Ok then. I guess if it takes longer than a week to get your facts together…

Ummm no she’s had since July when she went to the news paper, and when that failed gave the info to a senator.

She’s had a LONG time to figure this out.

That’s true, which makes her request even more ridiculous.

Because then she would face jail time if she’s caught in a lie? Probably why her lawyer also wants Kavanaugh to testify first, which is unheard of in any proceeding.

Just got a bulletin from Politico … Grassley has extended her deadline.

"Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley late Friday appeared to extend a deadline for Brett Kavanaugh’s accuser to reply to a GOP offer for her to appear on Wednesday to testify about her decades-old allegation against the Supreme Court nominee.

Christine Blasey Ford’s attorneys had decried a previous 10 p.m. cutoff deadline to offer a response to the Judiciary GOP’s offer.

In response, Grassley tweeted: “Judge Kavanaugh I just granted another extension to Dr Ford to decide if she wants to proceed w the statement she made last week to testify to the senate She shld decide so we can move on I want to hear her. I hope u understand. It’s not my normal approach to b indecisive.”

Should be noon Saturday or the vote goes on, on monday.

Freaking joke that they keep extending this out. She’s had since she went to a newspaper to prepare for this inevitable outcome. No newspaper in their right mind is going to publish an anonymous accusation like this. Once the paper knew, the outcome of her testifying before the committee should have been a forgone conclusion.

1 Like

Enough is enough. ■■■■ or get off the pot already.

Even if something (Lord knows what) happened in 1983 it is absurd to believe that she didn’t get over a grope in 36 years. She doesn’t even claim to be raped and has no way of knowing what was in whoevers mind as far as that goes. I would assume that there is no reason to guess the intent was beyond what happened.
We are talking about going from 1983 to 2012 with nothing happening and no comments. That included 2006 when Kavanaugh was sworn in. Then in 2012 she says she remembered something but Kavanaughs name isn’t included in any notes.
In 2017 she becomes an activist marching in anti Trump parades and wearing a knitted pink hat. In 2018 she remembered how traumatized she was and throws herself in the limelight.
I’m a little tired of her sensitivities and victimhood. Largely not buying it.

1 Like

The GOP has been told that Ford does not want to fly from her California home to Washington, according to the Republican senator, which means she may need to drive across the country to make the hearing. Ford has reportedly told friends she is uncomfortable in confined spaces, indicating a physical difficulty in making the trip by plane.

The offer to fly the committe out to California should be made again. If rejected, then set the hard deadline of Wedsday. Delay after delay, extension after extension. Enough is enough.

I have a hard time buying that she never flew after the event – because I’m guessing her family was pretty well off for her to be in a girls only private school. I’m betting she might still have family back east (does she never fly out to see them, but drive cross country both ways anytime she see’s them. Or expect her family to fly out to see her??)

Get your ass in the car tomorrow morning and start driving.

Not married? No kids?

Going out on a limb here but am going to assume you have never been a 15 year old girl

1 Like

You have a vivid imagination. :smile:

Wow and they said nobody was attacking the victim. hey GW! Overhere!

Nonsense. You dismissed him for no reason other than to stall!

Maybe she didnt think anyone would believe her.

Yes … without besmirching him in the least, leaving his reputation 100% unscathed.

And to be clear I did nothing to him. I thought he should have been afforded a hearing and a vote.

2 Likes

No … I’m pretty sure her parents would have believed she had been out drinking.

Because if it comes out that Whelans stupidity was co-ordinated in any way with Kavenaugh, the WH or GOP Senators, it’s going to blow up in their faces.

dismissing him was worthy of besmirch enough.

would the school believe she was sexually assaulted