One and only Kavenaugh Hearings Thread (part 1)

I agree. The woman has been used. Nothing more than a tool for them to toss away when the purpose has been served.

The Republicans have bent over backwards to accommodate her. What have the Democrats done for her other than leaving her hanging in the wind?

One doesn’t need to switch party registration to vote for a candidate of the opposite party.

We will see come November who is right about this.

I 100% agree Judge Ford should be heard, this is a serious allegation against Judge Kavanaugh, but at this point that’s all it is, a ALLEGATIONS. The left already have this man convicted and sentenced. Even putting a plan in place if they win the house back if he’s confirmed They’ve already decided this mans guilty without due process and accuse the right of killing our democracy. I’m not a member of either party or back one. I have news for everyone, that is not how a democracy works, that’s how a POLICE STATE works. What’s next? Have the police use SS tactics because your neighbor didn’t serve the right wine at dinner. We even have The View saying “he’s probably guilty,” really no day in court? By the way weren’t they going to leave the county two years ago. Regardless of the outcome, due process is every Americans right not just one political party.

There is no due process in the court of Public Opinion.

Dude,
We have a “one and only” think going on here. So if you could just get on board with that, that would be great.

GW keeps having to merge these threads, he’s liable to end up deleting the internet.

No it’s not.

Nothing happened to due process - you’re just not understanding what it means and where it applies. Judge Kavanaugh has not, as far as I’m aware, been declared guilty of a crime in a court of law.

There is no requirement for “due process” in the “court” of public opinion.

What do you think about that.

Is Ford subject to libel?

No what is next is drafting EOs to go after social media platforms.

That is your racist.

I’m not sure what you mean by “subject” to libel.

If you’re asking if Kavanaugh could sue her for libel, the answer is yes. It would be an uphill battle for him to prove, but it’s not out of the realm of possibility.

Are you speaking globally or about Ford?

So Kavanaugh is a rapist now? Any party you went to you’d be guaranteed to be raped by Kavanaugh? That was his reputation and common knowledge at the time?

That’s what people are saying.

1 Like

Was it? Your source?

Why would it be an uphill battle?

See how they keeping bringing up rape? Tell the lie long enough…

Because in the US, the tort of defamation (particularly towards public figures) must be weighed against the First Amendment, which results in a particularly high burden of proof on the accuser.

Just for the record. Are you saying that if a man held your 15 yr old daughter down on a bed with his body, grinding against her and groping her, covering her mouth as she was trying to scream, and trying to pull her clothes off, that wouldn’t be attempted rape in your mind?

Understood. I think her letter takes care of that.

He wasn’t a man. You don’t know it’s true. You can’t even prove he was there.

It would be an ass whipping in my mind.