Once again, non-compliant legal wanna-be gets himself shot

I saw nothing in the video that could not have been handled with a taser.

1 Like

I will agree with cops on this:

She said in 2014 the University of Maryland conducted a study and found that law enforcement considers Sovereign Citizens their greatest threat.

The rest of that article is garbage. The SPLC is a good source today?

Where is the gun in the video?

Unfirtinately it was snowflake edited.

1 Like

Agreed.

I don’t agree. We’d have a different type of person in the police force. It would be a public service again and not “a job”. It would be the folks who are willing to put themselves between the bad stuff out there, and the rest of folks.

Without some specific polling to prove it, I would bet a large number of police out there are already this type. You can be a protector mindset individual under the modern rules and no one will even bat an eye at the story.

Basically you do for everyone what most folks just do for their own wife and kids. Be willing to stand between them and danger. The exact opposite of the cops that sat outside on their hands for an hour at that school shooting.

Sorry I just look at stories like this and go “we have the wrong type of people……. They don’t protect and serve the public, just themselves.

1 Like

I mentioned on the cop thread
that have have seen dramatically different types of cops
in different towns.

• Not “all cops are bad.”
  • And not “some cops are good some are bad”
  • More like “It is scary how people with so much power simply fall in line and conform to whatever the norm is in their locale.”

Honest question here, why not?

He didn’t have registration displayed correct?

If so then the cop can pull him over legally.

Edit… were you trying to separate the term valid traffic stop compared to the term “right”?

It’s not a right. Cops don’t have a single right you don’t have.

Should self-defense laws be changed to require someone shoot at you before you can shoot them? Cops are civilians just like you and me.

I don’t. But which makes more sense … The man pulled the gun from the holster and it fell to the floorboards when he was shot, or he kept his gun on the floor of the car at his feet as he drove around instead of in the holster? Which would you do?

1 Like

From the news article:

“Chase Allan’s vehicle was pulled over for a license plate violation on March 1, 2023, which led to a confrontation with police and ended Allan’s fatal shooting. This image shows a license plate used by American State Nationals, which claims a car is exempt from departments of transportation law. (Photo: Dario Jokic, KUTV)”

1 Like

Tasers can’t be fired through car window glass.

1 Like

Legal authority, not rights.

1 Like

Maybe he put it on the floor to be visible, but out of immediate reach, so the police wouldn’t feel threatened?

If so, it didn’t work.

That’s a stretch …

They do if certified in PA.

No, they don’t. It’s not a right.

It is a legal pass to detain.

All they need.

It’s not a right. Cops don’t have a single right more than you do.

And they are civilians just like you.

PD don’t need more rights.

1 Like