Ok, there is a special place in hell for Trump for doing this

Eating French Fries without ketchup is un-American. :wink:

Now THATā€™S funny! :stuck_out_tongue:

I eat steak well done. I cook it just past the point of any red. Why do I do this? Because if I bite into a rare or medium rare steak iā€™ll throw up and ruin everyone elseā€™s meals. If you like roadkill, you do you. I prefer it cooked.

The ketchup part is a bit alarming however.

French fries is nasty. And un-Murcan.

You definitely would not have wanted to dine with me this weekend.

Prime grade porterhouse steaks. Cooked bleu rare. :smile:

About as close as I could get to road kill. :rofl:

Yes ā€¦ without ketchup they are. :wink:

Yes, thatā€™s exactly the sort of cast iron skillet that I canā€™t find.

They donā€™t seem to make smooth cast iron anymore. Iā€™m fine with developing the seasoning myself over time.

My dad has all my grandmotherā€™s cast iron cookware, and Iā€™ve made it clear to him and my brothers that when he dies, Iā€™ve got dibs.

But until then, Iā€™ll just keep my eyes open at yard sales.

1 Like

100 or so years old. My wifeā€™s father had it as a boy, and he was born 1917.

Insult to injury: I just cooked arugula, green tomatoes and coppa in a butter-scallion reduction in it, as a bed for sweet chili glazed salmon with sopressa and capicola tossed with tomatoes on the side. Sauvblanc for wife, dry red for me.

2 Likes

My wife has not spoken to the ass over me scraping her season.

Long before I met my wife, when she was in her early 20s, she put her then-roommateā€™s cast iron skillet in the dishwasher.

I think he kicked her out of the apartment.

1 Like

Itā€™s a real dispute. I like the smoother cooking surface, with season on the sides. She has 5 from her dad, and the one I uploaded is the only one that doesnā€™t look like it has had its season for 80+ years. Even the flat toasting skillet. And I am not forgiven, ass for coppering it smoother.

1 Like

Wife just said ā€œgoodwill, if he wants one, because idiots give up on them because they donā€™t follow the seasonā€.

I try to check estate sales, auctions and yard sales when Iā€™m out in the country. But the Goodwills and the like near me never have anything good.

I will keep an eye out. Part of my wedding vows involved mandatory attendance to all thrift shops at wifeā€™s discretion.

Oh I donā€™t mind if you eat the road kill. Iā€™ve eaten plenty of steaks with my brother in law and endured the sound of him sawing into the raw piece of flesh. I just canā€™t stand the taste of uncooked meat.

The steak or the flank/skirt steak?

In Murphy, NC there is a flea market with age old cast iron skillets galore, hand meat grinders, etc. Bet you could find one in a similar type of town (Murphy is like walking into Mayberry from the Andy Griffith show).

1 Like

A friend of mine came over for dinner and washed my cast iron skillet. In the sink with dish soap.

I almost started to cry.

1 Like

It arrived this afternoon.

Thanks!