Ok dems. Time to stop whining and get moving

(From the previous post)

American voters oppose 66 - 27 percent the policy of separating children and parents when families illegally cross the border into America, according to a Quinnipiac University National Poll released today.

Republican voters support the separation policy 55 - 35 percent, the only listed party, gender, education, age or racial group to support it, the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe- ack) University National Poll finds.

American voters also support 79 - 15 percent allowing immigrants who were brought to the U.S. as children, so-called “Dreamers,” to remain and ultimately to apply for citizenship.

All listed groups support Dreamers, ranging from 61 - 28 percent among Republicans to 94 - 5 percent among Democrats.

Support for Dreamers has ranged from 77 percent to 81 percent in every Quinnipiac University National Poll conducted this year.

American voters oppose 58 - 39 percent building a wall along the border with Mexico. The only listed groups to support the wall are Republicans 77 - 17 percent and white voters with no college degree 52 - 44 percent.

I mean, regular people think this just came out of nowhere but we know better.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/06/18/florida-senior-citizens-vote-election-2018-218758

some gems

t. When I asked a 73-year-old former factory supervisor named Sam Huff why he liked Trump, he replied: “There’s a lot of Mexicans in this country, and something’s gotta be done about it.”

“They want an America that’s a little more like it was when they were growing up, and that’s what Trump is offering,” says Daniel Webster, the area’s conservative Republican congressman. Dennis Baxley, the area’s equally conservative Republican state senator, points out that The Villages offers that, too, with safe streets, light traffic, artificial lakes that provide a real sense of serenity, and hundreds of support groups for every imaginable malady or hardship. It’s a throwback to when they were children in 1950s America, without actual children.

You can pretend child abuse doesn’t exist. It does, even by biological parents.

Every child is being evaluated on a case by case basis.

I relish the fact that you will not respond.

They do not “control” the Senate.

IN what way does the GOP not control the Senate?

They have a simple majority in that rats nest. That is not “control” in the Senate.

With the exception of cloture, a majority gives that party almost unfettered power to set the agenda and actual work of the Senate.

Tell us who controls both Houses of Congress.

Its enough votes to pass legislation. There is an R behind their name. They are called the majority. The GOP has often been labeled as not being able to govern and this time around is no different.

They whine and bitch about how the left never compromises and then because they can’t as a group come up with something they blame the democrats for not giving them any ideas. Pretty warped if you ask me.

1 Like

Enough to make sure a supreme Court Justice cannot even be brought up for a confirmation vote…

you’re right… I am the Senate - YouTube

sorry, I had to.

On paper. The Senate has set itself up to abdicate its responsibilities.

And what was the response?

Me neither. Let them string themselves up.

With the exception of…

Trump winning the election, the Senate and House still in republican hands

The Senate is useless. An obstacle.

Republicans control every branch of federal government. The blame for this fiasco will land at the appropriate feet.

1 Like

Get an amendment to get rid of it then