Of rights and reparations

True, but he did inspire it. I tend to believe God can inspire man to write what he wants written, in the way he wants it written, can preserve those writings, then inspire the compilers and translators to put out a finished product that says what he wants it to say…

so your trusting the opinion of man.

like I said why is the bible true but the quran not they are both written by men claiming to be inspired by God.

If rights are meaningless, why all the whining about certain people not having them?

Who said rights are meaningless?

Right are not meaningless, they are important because we deemed them important.

Yes they did. Quite orderly at that. Brutal, but orderly.

Religious is great for self-reflection and morality but its not good for running a society because not everyone is part of said religion.

society is a non religious thing its a social construct we create to live together in peace under a set of rules we created to maintain peace we give up part of our free will.

let me ask you a simple question.

do you think God created society the concept of living together or is that something we created ourselves.

Built, taken, bestowed or denied by men. If this is true, how can you retroactively bestow rights to people who lived 150 years ago, who lived in a society that didn’t bestow them rights and insist on reparations for a different group of people, who have the same rights you do today? What does one group have to do with the other?

Reparation are not about morality

reparation are about the government abusing a set of people.

Absolutely, men and women marrying and having children and all living to worship and serve God. And so on through history…

Allah is not god

No one is “retroactively” bestowing any rights. It is undoubtedly true that slaves 150 years ago did not have many rights.

As I said before, I don’t support reparations. But I imagine those who do, do so because slaves didn’t have those rights - not because they retroactively did.

There’s a fundemental disconnect between us here.

what about before people have lived on earth for over 300,000 years.

That is a matter of opinion.

You have no more proof that your holy book is more true then Muslims.

which is why I said religion is for self-reflection.

So we have no inherent rights to put someone in jail for disturbing our peace, we just do it because we can.

There are no rights in the bible.

He is a God.

As is yours. Canonically, they’re the same one. But it’s no skin off my back if you feel differently.

we do it because we as a society have agreed on a set of rules and punishment for those living in our society.

the only inherent right human have is free will that is why you can break the rules if you choose your not bound.

the concept of society has changed and is still changing every day.

What does “inherent” mean?