Of rights and reparations

Or because they want the government to give them some money. Have you considered that possibility?

1 Like

If rights come from man, they are distributed, denied, changed or taken away by those in power. If that is the reality of society, who are you to retroactively judge that previous society?

because admitting your wrongs is part of the process of advancing forward.

society can’t move forward if we don’t admit our pasted mistakes.

We don’t have free will if anyone else can punish or imprison us for excercising it.

I have.

I considered it, and then I realized that ridiculous broad-brushing and assignment of “bad” motives to the other side is usually a sign to ignore that argument entirely.

punishment doesn’t remove your free will.

If I wanna run down the street naked, I can run down the street naked simply because I will be arrested doesn’t stop me from having the ability to do it.

1 Like

Not the same at all…

Of course we do.

Free will exists inside, not outside.

Not going to go down that road. I have no interest in that at all. You are welcome to believe whatever works for you.

So is ignorantly assigning noble motivations for people who are demanding you give them money. You didn’t just leave the motivations blank, you stated that the motivation was “because it is right”. That’s not broad brushing?

2 Likes

If rights come from God, they are still disturbed, denied, changed and taken away by those in power, all over the world.

If rights come from God, how come North Koreans don’t have them? Does God hate them?

Which is why I suggest a tax cut or an educational grant program.

I have no interest in this.

Free will is why slavery ended, its why America no longer has a King.

Human have the free will of thought and with it we shift and change and out society either become better or worse.

Its honestly the single greatest gift God could have given us.

Free will is why we came down from the trees.

Free will is also why we had slavery, and why we had a king in the first place.

I am a human.

I have free will. I am able to question and judge whatever I want.

Probably more to do with changing climates, or the increased ease of tool use when out of trees.

You’re missing the point.

we evolved a lot because we have free will, its why monkeys never created farming, put a man in space, etc they are bound to their basic instincts.

A man.