Obama admin's FBI spy in Trump campaign

So it is now reported the FBI spy was an “academic”, who met with Page and Papadopoulos. I can’t wait to get the rest of the story. Did he tell Page the Russians had Hillary’s illegally erased e-mails? Who is he?. What’s his back ground? What country is he from? We need to know.

“FBI informant met with three Trump campaign advisers: report”

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/388429-fbi-informant-met-with-three-trump-campaign-advisers-report

“In fact, F.B.I. agents sent an informant to talk to two campaign advisers only after they received evidence that the pair had suspicious contacts linked to Russia during the campaign. The informant, an American academic who teaches in Britain, made contact late that summer with one campaign adviser, George Papadopoulos, according to people familiar with the matter. He also met repeatedly in the ensuing months with the other aide, Carter Page, who was also under F.B.I. scrutiny for his ties to Russia.”

Here’s a better article than names the spy. He’s English, so foreign intervention pops it head up.

“The meeting request, which has not been reported until now, came from Stefan Halper, a foreign policy expert and Cambridge professor with connections to the CIA and its British counterpart, MI6”

"According to a source with knowledge of the meeting, Halper asked Papadopoulos: “George, you know about hacking the emails from Russia, right?”

Papadopoulos told Halper he didn’t know anything about emails or Russian hacking"

http://dailycaller.com/2018/03/25/george-papadopoulos-london-emails/

Obama admin spying on the opposition campaign, just like they used the IRS to oppress them in 2012. Venezuela is what the left builds…

1 Like

This becomes irrelevant if all of this does result in criminal charges of conspiring with Russia against members of the Trump campaign.
If, however, Mueller’s investigation ends without proof of any such conspiracies, then we need a detailed investigation of how an administration winds up spying on the political opposition of their hoped for successor.

1 Like

I was just about ready to name him myself.

Stephan Halper

So now a FBI informant has been exposed (who was working with the FBI as they did what they’re tasked to do).

This guy, and his contacts, were informing the FBI on a number of things related the the US and it’s security/sovereignty. That is bad news for the U.S.

1 Like

They don’t care Doug.

Libs feel they can do anything they want.

If no Russian conspiracy involving the campaign is proven, then we need to investigate and determine that there was a huge amount of probable cause. If not, this is indeed bad news for the US. How would you consider a similar situation if Nixon had used an FBI mole in McGovern’s campaign?

Or Bush into Obama?

When I first saw this OP I was going to post that this person was going to be a Republican. Guess I was right.

Government officials used the power of the federal government against US citizens. This is not okay and it’s not going to turn out well for these lawless individuals.

this isn’t the Amazon/Trump thread.

No. Government officials used federal law enforcement officials to follow a intelligence lead. You know, their job

And, this ain’t Texas and you ain’t Sue Ellen.

So? What?

that part is gonna be ignored by people here and Republican media people.

just watch.

They should have sent him into Hillary’s camp. They were really into serious colluding.

how cool would it be if crime families or drug lords could say “THE FBI FOLLOWED LEADS TO US?!?! THAT’S UN-AMERICAN!!!”.

that’s some funny stuff.

how do you know there weren’t leads that they followed?

Nixon would have said the same thing.