NYC's Democrat Leadership will allow foreign nationals to vote in city elections

If you are a legal resident, you should be able to vote.

How about when they are a legal US Citizen?

Legal US Citizen or Legal resident of a city?

You are absolutely correct. I was being polite. But, let us never forget how much the Democrat Party Leadership’s policies have changed. . e.g.:

The dole method of relief for unemployment is not only repugnant to all sound principles of social economics, but is contrary to every principle of American citizenship and of sound government. ___ Franklin D. Roosevelt, while Governor of New York

JWK

“Until you realize how easy it is for your mind to be manipulated, you remain the puppet of someone else’s game.” ― Evita Ochel

That’s where I’m at, but it’s not a hill I would die on.

Legal resident of your locality, I say.

Fine by me.

But that is a “Should be” opinion rather than a “What is” reality. The reality is that there is no governing law (i.e. State or Federal) that requires citizenship for local city elections and New York City decided that all legal residents (US Citizens and Foreign Nationals) are eligible to vote.

WW

If this is what NYC voted for…it’s another thing I add on to the list of things I’ll never understand?

You don’t understand local government and “no taxation without representation”?

WW

1 Like

What is the difference?

The difference is illegal aliens also pay taxes and I don’t want them voting.

You’ll never understand how residents of a city are permitted to vote in local elections ?

Can you define paying taxes or paying into the system and receiving more back than paid?

If this is the concept you’re applying, then I am sure you’re disgusted about the new 2 or 3 trillion dollar bill being proposed by Pelosi and company? Those that will pay for it, haven’t even been born yet so that is the epitome of “taxation without representation”…agreed?

2 Likes

And I’ll stick with naturalized citizen, and all that is invested in becoming a naturalized citizen which makes for a more astute and educated voter.

JWK

At the close of the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia on September 18, 1787, a Mrs. Powel anxiously awaited the results and as Benjamin Franklin emerged from the long task now finished asked him directly, Well, Doctor, what have we got? A republic or a monarchy?' A republic, if you can keep it,’ responded Franklin.

That works for federal elections.

If I live in a neighborhood and it is just me in a home versus 10 living in a home in the same neighborhood and we pay the same in taxes for said home, what is my vote worth?

NYC voters had no say in this abrupt and authoritarian decision. It is being done without the people’s consent.

JWK
Absolute governments, (tho’ the disgrace of human nature) have this advantage with them, they are simple; if the people suffer, they know the head from which their suffering springs [our nation’s progressives crowd]; know likewise the remedy……___ Thomas Paine’s Common Sense.

Took about two seconds to check the Texas Sec of State website. First requirement for voting is that you be a US citizen.

Democrats have an argument that was what people wanted when they voted for Biden.