NY video on a vaccine hesitant town

Dude, you provided the data. It shows unvaccinated are most of the deaths despite being a minority of the population. What don’t you get?

That’s 12 and up.

And that’s one dose.

I said your whole state and fully vaccinated.

https://www.google.com/search?q=washington+state+vaccination+rate&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS896US896&oq=washing&aqs=chrome.0.69i59l2j69i57j46i433i512l3j69i61l2.3687j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

This question being brought up is asinine, yet it continues to be brought up. If the numbers are like you say, the only community at risk are the unvaccinated. Yet the question would imply everyone is at risk. Even after showing statistics that they are not!!

The vaccinated are at less risk… not no risk.

My problem was with how the question was asked and what it implied. In reality, it’s a small number of people at risk.

1 Like

But the resources are being used. That hospital is full and money and time and beds for other things are filled.

If they had gotten vaccinated they would be dying in there for four weeks.

How do you know you have Delta, rather than the first strain? I don’t think they have a Delta test, do they?

We pay for resources. That’s why they are there. If you get lost in the woods and need rescue, you’re paying for it. Same with health care. Should people be allowed to have their 600 pound life? Would I use up less resources if I didn’t smoke?

1 Like

they do but not all tests are checked for strain.

They perform random testing to see what variants are present. Delta has taken over.

1 Like

99.7% of all covid cases are from delta in the U.S. the last I saw. It not only reset the clock but hurt the efficacy of vaccines. The so called breakthrough cases are not so rare.

When the delta first came both Pfizer and Moderna said their vaccine was in the 90% efficacy from being infected I don’t think anyone thinks those numbers are anywhere close now. I would imagine its like the flu shot after delta in terms of catching covid.

I would agree, I got vaccinated as soon as it was available for me. Last month I tested positive, assuming it was Delta.

Yes, people should be free to make decisions that others disagree with or find dangerous.

Many gay men remained sexually active during the AIDS epidemic. Many people die in motorcycle accidents. Arguably many people die as a result of these kinds of choices.

As far as medical risks, estimates are that medical errors kill between 250,000 and 440,000 Americans each year, which means mistakes have could end up killing more people than COVID in 2020 and 2021.

The only guarantee in life is that it is terminal.

1 Like

Yes, the Delta variant did not become dominant until the end of June. The fraction of people who were vaccinated has been increasing, so using vaccination population figures from the end of the period is grossly misleading.

Where are the figures for the month of September?

2 Likes

I was infected early on before the delta variant, the delta variant was why I decided to get vaccinated after catching covid in 2020. Glad you are doing good, if you got infected last month it would be in the 1% it wasn’t delta.

It’s definitely frustrating but unfortunately I’ve come to realize these people have to recieve care, too. After watching another documentary (“Through the Storm” based in London) it’s certainly heartbreaking to see people with all these tubes snaking from their body, some of them barely conscious, not even responding to family when they call over video? some of them with mittens on their hands to prevent them from pulling the tubes. No one should be in that situation and I wonder how many people will have something like PTSD because of how quickly can things can spiral out of control and the long-standing effects of the virus even after recovery.

I would feel for anyone in that situation. However, it doesn’t absolve my dislike for them. And it’s hard to feel compassion or empathy for them, but they are going to be paying the price over and over again. Best not to hate someone who is already being punished and still will be punished if push comes to shove.

I do have to wonder who in that study had J&J. Not to demonize J&J but rather, considering they had more particles of the virus, could that point to something that happens similar to the chicken pox and shingles?

I don’t understand the chicken pox and shingles relationship well, but I do have to wonder because of the long-standing effects, could J&J vaccine be propelling some of the symptoms and infection? Again, I probably wouldn’t know.

Yeah, well said…

But the people who are healthy right now and not vaccinated RIGHT NOW…those folks…my god…watch this video.

Please get vaccinated.

Even if you think you are healthy.
You lift weights.
You eat right.
You had covid.
You are morally superior to the rest of the world.
You are left handed with blue eyes…

GET VACCINATED.

Please.

The likelihood that you will tie up a ed, make people put tubes in you, and die…is drastically, incredibly drastically decreased…

please do it.

3 Likes

Yes. I agree.

I’m pretty sure instead of “are you vaxxed?” for people with COVID-19 in the hospital, they will soon start asking “Have you gotten your booster?”