Ny ag moves to dissolve the nra

Just getting em out of NY will help. But yeah they need to clean up their act.

But they can move money around…have to give em credit for that.

1 Like

They’re not nearly as good at moving the money as others. And maybe now we have an idea of why.

Yeah… that’s not true. Why make stuff up?

3 Likes

the world is just so small to some

2 Likes

orginizations like the NRA usually have 2 wings. a lobbying group and a charitable foundation

both are not for profit but the foundation is tax deductable and the lobbying arm isnt.

both can be dissolved if involved in a fraud or for not using their money properly

Hard to be an effective PAC/Lobbyist in Texas.

I’m sure they aren’t only ones…I’ve often have this hunch that Sierra Club is big on entertainment. People want to be associated with em. And what better way to bring Hollywierds and rich eggheads then lavish parties.

But I’m drifting here.

Either way I’m sure they can bust others for same abuse.

1 Like

Why? It’s the Headquarters and where it’s constituted.

the NRA and its top leaders are accused of violating multiple laws including false reporting of annual filings with the IRS and New York’s charities bureau, improperly documenting expenses, improper wage and income tax reporting and excessively paying people for work for which they were not qualified.

NRA is incorporated in Virginia.

Not to excuse NRA but you think they’re only group that does?

Wayne LaPierre is known for this kind of behavior…living the high life.

In July of 2019, the attorney general subpoenaed Ackerman for “documents relating to potential misconduct by the NRA, its directors and officers, and its affiliated entities,” according to court records. While the NRA and Ackerman were allied for decades, the relationship turned ugly in early 2019 and the parties are now embroiled in four lawsuits and related legal skirmishes.

Ackerman McQueen is the NRA’s marketing firm. Sounds like they have helped AG James put this whole suit together.

I think the lawsuit has a good chance.

Regardless of a person’s views on the Second Amendment, the NRA has been a mess for quite a while.

I believe the Trump charities were disbanded for similar behavior, so you have a point. They are not alone.

And it is not like there won’t be gun rights advocates if the NRA disappears.

There are the Gun Owners of America and many other such groups.

1 Like

It turns out it’s illegal to solicit donations for one thing, but use them for another.

1 Like

Indeed. The AG even pointed at the now defunct Trump charity as precedent for dissolving ones that are rampant with fraud and abuse and self-dealing.

2 Likes

Thank God that NYC is so concerned with the rights of gun owners. We need NYC like Biden needs a 4th debate. :roll_eyes:

Trump!!!

LaPierre is also accused of spending more than $500,000 on eight trips to the Bahamas over three years, securing luxury black car services, paying for hair and makeup for his wife and obtaining a post-employment contract valued at $17 million.

2 Likes