NRA needs federal funding

A bit anecdotal perhaps, but I have heard several republican lawmakers admit in interviews that the NRA intimidates them and influences their votes, but that said, the following article lists some rather impressive successes they have had.

It’s not true.

They were lying? I don’t think so.

Did they stop the “AWB”?

Did they claim Heller was a great win?

When was the last time they were able to influence?

Losing a few here and there is not necessarily indicative of ineffectiveness. If legislators are saying they are afraid of them, I tend to believe it.

Also, it is state level where they do best, not federal.

The big ones. Name a few wins.

The article I posted listed a slew of them.

Virginia tops the list, passing 16 NRA-favored laws since 2003.

The NRA isn’t getting those laws passed, the 2nd Amendment is. The NRA had nothing to do with Texas.

Yes. Hedging.

Exactly. Private lobbyist’s should fund the politicians. :man_shrugging:

Then why does the Government fund Planned Parenthood?

Because we’re not allowed criticize women.

Then why don’t they? They (Democrats) are always complaining about the lack of gun safety. You would think that they would be all over this.

1 Like

Are you suggesting that Planned Parenthood does not lobby Congress?

Because republicans won’t do a thing to stop it. But they do love to complain about it.

Because Planned Parenthood isn’t a lobbyist group.

You know…10 seconds of research will clear up everyone’s misunderstanding of Planned Parenthood…but I suppose it’s easier to just believe something than to spend ten seconds looking something up.

1 Like

Who knows. Their balance sheet is a shell game.

1 Like

I’m suggesting you spend ten seconds looking these things up and then it will be clear to you.

:rofl: that’s cute.

1 Like

They’re not.

Look it up.