NRA is in deep financial trouble and may soon 'be unable to exist'

What question would you like for me to answer?

Its right there in the post before last.

Can you find it? Or do I have to copy/paste it for you.

About the unions? I’ve already said not joining a union but reaping the benefits is Apple and oranges to not joining the NRA yet still being able to own a firearm! Owning a firearm is bound by the constitution. If your club goes away tomorrow, I still own my firearms!
Again, do you belong to another club called the ACLU to guarantee your first amendment rights? If you do, that would be silly too…

Do you know what “bear” means in this context?

This?

You betcha. Exactly that.

Lol, that was too easy!

The above was why I asked. You seemed confused.

Not confused at all my friend. You and I both know what the right to keep and bear arms means…

I do. You seem to think the NRA is fighting for something else.

The NRA does some good as well as lie and scare the public into believing if they don’t send them $$$ the club will cease to exist and your right to keep and bear arms will cease to exist too!

The right to bear arms has ceased to exist in numerous places.

That’s just the thing. Without advocacy groups like the NRA and the GAO, there is a very high probability that you would soon not own firearms. At least not as free of limits and regulations as you do now. The 2nd Amendment is under constant attack. Without the NRA it would have crumbled long ago.

The UCLA has been instrumental in protecting the 1st Amendment, such as protecting the rights of unpopular speech by Nazis and the KKK for example, but that Amendment has not been at risk anywhere nearly as relentlessly as the 2nd.

Strap on a side arm openly, then thrown an AR over your shoulder and take a walk down main street in your state capitol, or on the capitol grounds in DC.

Let us know how much luck you have arguing that your right to do so is protected by the 2nd.

Rose, I learned a while ago not to argue the Constitution with you on this issue. You are too well informed and passionate about the subject. But your reply, above, suggests a society where everyone has weaponry slung over their shoulders as a part of everyday life. Such reply seems intentionally provocative rather than serious. You’re usually much better.

Nothing provocative about it. Our rights to keep and bear have been trampled on for most of the last 130 years or so to the point that in many states and cities attempting to exercise them will land you in prison.

Then I recommend you say that without creating a Wild West vision that, I believe, hurts your cause. Your argument is valid. But perceptions of the argument matter. You know someone on this thread is going to say you want shoot 'em up lawlessness, which I know isn’t true. But you’ve set yourself up for that reply.

There’s nothing “wild west” about it.

Where I live nobody would bat an eye other than to maybe see what I was carrying but that isn’t the case in most of the country. Even in Austin anywhere near the capitol it would be guaranteed to have a huge response from the DPS and locals.

The fact is without the NRA and other gun rights groups constantly fighting for our rights the state and federal gov’ts would have long ago reduced the “right to keep and bear” to a heavily regulated and restricted privilege afforded only to a few and only under the strictest conditions.

1 Like

do we need a spelling lesson? Arms doesnt mean guns…Its not in the constitution now is it?
No it isnt.

Apparently you do. The citations were provided which clearly show that firearms are “arms” in the context of the 2nd Amendment. Once again, “arms” is inclusive of the weapons and equipment necessary for an infantry or cavalryman to show up ready to do battle.