NRA is in deep financial trouble and may soon 'be unable to exist'

actually it is a right persay. Thats why the government has 20 days to figure things out and then you have to reunite the family. Which is why Trump is trying to remove that ruling that escapes me right now.

So again you are wrong

You have the substantive edge of this argument, but are losing the perception argument nationally (in my opinion). Do you think a kinder, gentler NRA (in image only), softer, slicker leadership, town halls, expressions of grief over gun violence, etc., might serve you better at this time? There is a perception the NRA simply gives the middle finger to any and all who challenge it–now this may be that after years of drip, drip, drip regulation they feel backed into a corner–but at this time, with a weary public, I recommend savvy public engagement and private hardball.

Then cite the statute or section of The Constitution which expresses such a right exists.

It’s not a matter of meaning. It’s a matter of linguistics. “Guns” are in the phylum “arms.”

its right next to guns

No, we’re not losing nationally by any measure. The NRA puts out such statements routinely following mass shootings etc, they are still demonized for it.

The “perception” is only present with the anti gun left and those who are predisposed to prejudice.

NRA clubs do outreach to the community all over the nation, and are open to anyone willing to show up and take part.

NRA members, instructors, RSO’s, CRSO’s like myself tend to wear NRA hats, shirts and other logo gear in public regularly to be ambassadors for the organization and will gladly engage in civil discussion anywhere, anytime someone engages us.

One of the reasons I carry openly everywhere it is lawful to do so is to start conversations with people on the subject and many others do the same.

As has been explained to you and the citations supporting provided to you, guns are firearms, firearms are “arms” expressly as protected by the 2nd.

Now support your claim if you can.

I am aware of many of the efforts you cite. But Ted Nugent as a board member? Believe me, that makes a far greater negative impression for the NRA than the sum of all the fine things the NRA does.

With some he does but he has outreach in the rock and roll community nobody else has.

I personally don’t like him even being a member but it’s an organization that is pretty much open to anyone who wants to join.

1 Like

Good chat, Rose. I think in this day of tiny sound bites, Mr. Nugent will always be heard as the voice of the NRA. It’s incorrect but such is celebrity and the press. Cheers.

It is what it is, he is one of five million members and a hundred board members but every family has it’s black sheep.

Mexico has gun control… Look how well that’s working out for them.

Let’s look at what was once the richest country in south America

Nearly as well as it’s worked in Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore etc.

More “insurance” troubles for the NRA…

State insurance commissioner considers suing NRA

Best of luck with that.

Lockton has already pulled out of their agreement to underwrite the Carry Guard policies… The NRA is suing Lockton in a laughable suit in Virginia… Has the NRA found another underwriter yet? The NRA website is still showing Lockton as the underwriter which seems pretty deceptive… More states to follow… :slight_smile:

Lockton is still underwriting CG, I just got my latest publication from them about it.

They have pulled out only from NY.

https://lockton.nracarryguard.com/

Enjoy and you might want to keep that card in pristine condition, it will become a collectors item…

Lockton makes NRA decision

What about the NRA-PVC? That’s the only thing that really matters.