Now BLM/antifa are burning bibles

Cool. Love a good protest. Hell I even like riots.

No big deal?

There is plenty of context. 5 Ws

Very likely. Have you ever heard of “woke” culture? Liberals did not start major sucking up to Islam until after 911.

In the grand scheme of things not really.

Full disclosure: I’m not a fan of rioting, looting, book burning or flag burning.

You can’t be arrested for a hate crime for simply burning a koran.

1 Like

Ok. I bet it gets made a big deal of.

But that’s what I’m saying. It wasn’t much of a protest and sure wasn’t a riot.

It was just kind a thing for 100-200 people to do a few hours in their preferred costume.

Yet on twitter and extreme partisan blogs it was being described as a war and Michelle Malkin was tweeting about snipers and anarchy in austin like it was really going down.

Which goes to my point. Everyone, myself included, needs to start “zooming out” when looking at this stuff.

Here? Of course.

I don’t disagree. Media sensationalism is no doubt responsible for a huge part of our problems. I would say in the high 90% range.

It could be but it doesn’t matter.

The Internet blows everything out of proportion.

2 Likes

Some “theres” as well. I fully expect a tweet before the end of the day.

Everything

Right. Media sensationalism. We can all point to the 3 big cable networks and see what they are trying to do.

Well in this OP case, the media org that has us focused on 2 lil dweebs doing dweeby things, is Ruptly*

*Ruptly is owned by Russia Today.

1 Like

All media operates the same. Russia Today runs Fox?

No it doesn’t. Especially state owned brodcasters vs American commercial networks and news. No Russia today does not own fox, why do you ask?

Interesting. I wondered why I kept seeing that Ruptly video snippet all over right wing Twitter.

Later, some agitators burned Bibles and flags outside the courthouse and set a series of fires.

That wouldn’t surprise me.
Perhaps it’ll be time for the 82nd Airborne in Portland.

At least threaten it.