Now BLM/antifa are burning bibles

And “some” conservatives said it was stupid.

I would love to hear your thoughts on the “true colors of BLM”. Another thread perhaps?

No you wouldn’t. Books aren’t racist. Everything is. Racism just is. All I need is one quote and now Biology is racist and I can burn all Biology books.

This isn’t logic.

1 Like

You are using an extremely narrow definition of the word “understand”. I don’t mean to have a deep level of understanding in the same twisted way that it was at the time, but we can get a pretty good idea of how people justified horrendous actions in the past. It’s a major field of study directed at virtually all of the dictators and evil madmen in history.

How does that establish a baseline?

Outrage is precisely the reason they burned the Bibles.

Yes people have used the Bible to justify slavery.

By and large that’s not happening today, so burning Bibles (burning books of any kind) is stupid and does nothing to help the movement along.

Anyone who would be rationally organizing a protest would know this. You start burning books, you have screwed up any message you’re trying to send of being “antifacist”.

Ergo, the burning of the Bibles was not a rational act.

Last night according to twitter there was an antifa vs cops vs boogabooboys vs 3% war in Austin last night.

Michelle Malkin tweeted about antifa snipers on the rooftops!

So I drove down there. A whole lot of not and ■■■■■

1 Like

I can’t read their minds, but I suspect that the life experiences of a religious, rural, black voter would make them the least likely to be moved by this. Especially if they are older. They will have a different perspective about the magnitude of importance this event holds, compared to the importance of BLMs cause.

1 Like

Ok. Maybe we’ll see.

No my friend. It’s just like BLM right now. Many have bought into it…but…I do not. The same thing applies for all of history…you choose your way.

and when we say they, we mean these two lil guys and their big moment.

I tend to agree but I’m going to wait and see how things transpire. This could well be an isolated incident.

Rational has nothing to do with movements.

Just a couple of bad apples? Don’t judge the whole barrel?

2 Likes

Frankly from what I saw from my brief visit at the War in Austin last night all groups can be deleted from the simulation and we’d be better off.

Seems to be a lot more about cosplaying than anything else at this point here.

1 Like

I don’t doubt that is true. In Austin.

There wasn’t any person from any group, police included, that wasn’t taking selfies.

I don’t even know what the means. I stated that there is a lot of history written about why the bible was used to justify slavery. That written history provides some level of understanding how that happened and how misguided it was and it is crucially necessary to have, in order to see that it doesn’t happen again. Maybe it bothers you that I am not upset about it or something, I don’t know.

The baseline, assuming the local news is accurate, is a bible and a flag, among other things, were burned and 30 minutes later other BLM supporters put the fire out.

An 8 second video with no context.