Now BLM/antifa are burning bibles

Him…didn’t think he would.

But to say

leave it open.

Only Jez came out against it.

Later, some agitators burned Bibles and flags outside the courthouse and set a series of fires. Other protesters helped to put out at least one of those fires in an effort to keep the peace.

Attacking the source won’t work. It happened.

Yep.

Nobody knows how to protest anymore.

All they know how to do is rage.

1 Like

I prefer to look at local media to get a better idea what is really happening locally.
If one reads certain national media one could get the idea that Portland and Seattle look like 1945 Berlin.

Around 12:30 a.m. people began starting a fire in the street in front of the federal courthouse which started with burning a bible, then an American flag, until more and more items were added. Finally around 1 a.m., yellow clad members of the group Moms United for Black Lives Matter went over to the fire and put it out with bottles of water and stamped it out.

How? It’s true.

I didn’t justify ■■■■■ not that I care if they burn a few bibles, or korans or a tlmadge or two for that matter. Not one poster had suggested an actual reason for them burning bibles, only poutrage… I provided a service and did so. How many korans did conservatives burn after 9-11? Thousands I’m sure. This is no different.

The rural religious black voter?

Good observation. The problem with outrage is it has to be constantly fueled with escalation.

There is plenty of history that can be studied to understand that.

How does that change the conversation?

Not likely. Thousands were burned after 9-11, many with videos to prove it.

No. There is no understanding of making up what you want it to say to justify inappropriate actions, instead of what it does say, that doesn’t.

You can…just have to be careful when selecting the forum…

My guess is you accidentally went one choice too far when selecting.

I’ve done that on occasion.

For me it’s worse…I don’t even notice what forum something is in because I view the website in “Latest Posts” view.

1 Like

If it was peaceful I would protest with em against police brutality. And I’m not just talking about George Floyd, I’m also talking about people like Daniel Shaver.

So yeah…not sure how we ended up Bibles being burned.

Attacking the source should work, because 2 Timothy 4:3-4

For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.
They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

The myth here is that this one event reveals the true colors of BLM. The teacher of the myth is rebuked by his own words from 2017.

In a 70% Muslim country? I think the impact will be different.

So no one else thinks it’s weird we’re looking at a Ruptly video zoomed in on like two dweebs burning a bible on about a 1x1’ pile in the street?

I suggest “zooming out”, philosophically and physically on this one.

It won’t work because the event is not dependent on the source. It actually occurred. He can be a hypocrite, they still burned the Bibles.

It helps to have a baseline of reality for a decent conversation.

Full disclosure: I’m not a fan of rioting, looting, book burning or flag burning.

They would have to burn science books written in like the fourteenth century to protest that aspect. You can’t go to your local bookstore for those.