November 2020 - Election Month

Am I reading this wrong then?

Yes…if a ballot is postmarked by Election Day, it counts. That is the usual consistent method.

In before “but postmarks can be faked”.

PS this has been the method for mail in ballots in many states for years. In the past the deadline was usually shortly before Election Day but still…

The thing that really needs to be done is to allow early and mail in votes to be counted ahead of Election Day. That can easily be done and in a double blinded fashion so the results can’t be known ahead of time by anyone.

Yes, you are reading that wrong.

In its decision, the court’s majority held that ballots postmarked by the time polls close in Pennsylvania on Nov. 3 and received by county election boards by 5 p.m. on Nov. 6 must be counted.

That’s the absentee ballot criteria.

OK I’m not sure I’m liking the idea of accepting without a postmark.

I suppose it’s because there are satellite drop boxes where the ballot envelopes wouldn’t receive a postmark, but not sure how one could be able to tell when a non-postmarked ballot was cast.

I think you are just not reading it.
In the article. Bold mine

“In its decision, the court’s majority held that ballots postmarked by the time polls close in Pennsylvania on Nov. 3 and received by county election boards by 5 p.m. on Nov. 6 must be counted.”

Edit -I see that the non postmarked ballots must be counted -Unless evidence shows its after election day. So this isnt allowing them -its just assuming they were done unles shown otherwise. hmmm

THIS will be the basis of one of Norm Eisen’s court filings challenging the results of the election.

The article went further and said ballots without a postmark could also be accepted unless there was a “preponderance of evidence” they were cast after November 3.

Not sure how they would figure that out.

Thanks. Didn’t soak in when I read it. Old brain matter and why supplements like “Prevagen” don’t have guarantees.

Collection times from the post office.

1 Like

We (as America) used to be touted as the country that could do almost anything. Now we’re reduced to being a third-rate country that can’t handle mail in ballots.

6 Likes

How are you possibly that uninformed that you don’t know that by now?

yep!

suspicious indeed.

glad someone else realizes.

You don’t have a say in the matter

1 Like

oh dont you worry yourself over how they “know” such things. they just do

its a point for discussion

really, go troll elsewhere

Yet I’ve never heard a single conservative complain about Utah who have been doing it that way for years.

3 Likes

thats what my mailman said

then he handed me my neighbor’s mail

The horror of the neighbor’s mail!

So you opened the mail, paid whatever bills were due, read whatever birthday cards were sent, took the money from the cards? Read the magazines?

Or did you walk over to your neighbor and hand-deliver it or put it in their mailbox?

2 Likes