November 2020 - Election Month

The “scale” they are used on is irrelevant. The system has been in place as long as I can remember. We’re in a pandemic situation - so it only makes sense that people would be using them with higher frequency this time around.

Trump, as usual, tries to turn everything into some grand conspiracy.

‘Bout ■■■■■■■ time.

It’s amazing to me that people won’t face the fact that we are in a pandemic and way more people will want to mail in vote.

I do not wish to stand in line for an hour or more with people not properly wearing masks, not maintaining social distancing, coughing and rubbing their noses, slobbering over their water bottles. Gross!

Also, those of us able to plan ahead and mail in vote are making things easier for the poll workers, reducing the lines and how much exposure they will have that day.

3 Likes

Good point. Who sets the date for central government elections?

When I voted with absentee ballot it had to be postmarked and received before Election Day to be counted. That was a mail in ballot. There are states that have had mail in voting for years, the ballots are in before election night to be counted.
Why should there be extensions and exceptions? Voters wanting to vote by mail simply should mail them in by a certain date that will insure they’re received timely to be counted!
These extensions are suspicious. The Dims have expressed intentions to use the courts to challenge unfavorable election results. In the days and weeks following Nov. 3rd we might see civil unrest and courthouse speeches by agitators. There’s been public officials calling for the physical removal of the President by the military??
Madness

Go ahead and use that argument if you want. No one has argued that votes should be cast after the election. Just when they should be counted.

It’s a question, not an argument.

Any vote postmarked after 00:01 on Nov 4th is AFTER the election. It’s going to happen otherwise why would these states be extending?

VA has been postmarked by for as long as I can remember.
You can keep pretending this is something new. Its not.

Your Taxes are due April 15th. Does that mean they have to be RECEVIED by April 15th, or postmarked by April 15th??

Votes must be done by end of election day. Nothing has changed.

And in NO state i a vote post marked after 00:01 on Nov 4th being counted. Not a signle one that I can find.
The extension is to ensure every ballot postmarked before that Is counted. Why are you against counting all votes made on or before election day?

So you are asserting a vote in ballot postmarked after Nov 3rd will be disqualified?

I have not seen that argument be made. Are the post offices open at midnight?

Yes, that’s how it works.

yes. 100%. Are you saying there is a state where that is NOT the rule?

Some are for election night.
Just like some use to stay open to midnight on April 15th (Before you could file taxes online).

Federal laws can be changed to make elections uniform in the US.

I’m not. I believe the glut of mail in votes should be postmarked long before November 3rd so they can be counted just like absentee ballots. Extending “so all votes count” is unnecessary. They’re using the courts to effect the outcome of the election IMHO.

How is that when the polls close at 8 in some places?

Doesn’t make sense to me, but that is up to those areas.

they are doing no such thing.
Election day is Nov 3rd. Any ballot legally cast on Nov 3rd (Or ealier if the state allows it) should be counted. Full stop.

You have created a straw man that doesn’t exist.