Nothing is free, especially 8 COVID tests a month

It makes it a very frustrating experience, hunting down a test for my daughter was not easy to say the least.

Which is why I personally applaud this step, I have spent a pretty penny purchasing tests.

Biden dropped the ball in the testing department, hopefully it starts to ease.

My work protocol is that that we are tested three times a week and contact traced.

Any positive test goes to the contact tracers and determine if someone gets traced out.

The positive case get two weeks paid time off.

Since Sept 2020 that is what has kept the entertainment business cranking out opiate for the masses.

1 Like

Would you have sent her to school if she had some other disease or virus other than covid?

In my book, parents should keep kids home regardless of the sickness. Ditto parents going to work.

It shouldn’t take a special test to make you keep your kid home.

Heck. I was exposed to someone who later that day tested positive for covid. It didn’t take a test for me to self-isolate and work from home. If I don’t come down with symptoms in the next few days, I’ll go back into the office.

Covid tests do not prevent Covid nor keep those with Covid from being hospitalized.

Being tested for Covid is like being x-rayed for cracked ribs. All it does is confirm suspicions.

Why? How?

Did you miss the part about insurers being forced to cover the cost … which they will pass on to policy holders who are the American people?

2 Likes

The government isn’t paying. Of course, even if they did, they would be using our money.

From yesterday.

Wait until they base the new rates on the percentage of unvaccinated people in the state.

2 Likes

Was she symptomatic?

What’s next?

Eight pregnancy test per month?

Eight clotting or drug tests?

Why is it certain members of this board don’t see that when more coverage mandates are added, costs go up?

no one is mandating you get 8 COVID test a month.
the government is mandating insurance companies pay for them.

personal I think the government should pay for it not out of pocket citizens.

Where exactly do you think government gets that money to pay for stuff?

Hint les impots.

Ding ding ding ding ding if you guessed the taxes paid by its citizens, you, sir, win a prize!

And citizens should not be forced to pay for each other to have eight anything per month.

Hopefully Joe will strictly be a one termer.

America spent 6.8 trillion in 2021.
I’m sure they can move some money around to pay for testing.

Not likely. The people who decide to test themselves are the same people who would self-quarantine if they merely thought they might be infected and those who wouldn’t quarantine are the same folks who are the least likely to be tested regardless of how they feel.

What makes you think they can? Insurance rates have to be approved by the States. Besides, testing has nothing to do with vaccination rates.

1 Like

Right. And where does the government get its money?

Okay, you got us there. They just print the money to pay for testing and make everybody’s money worth less. Good plan.

1 Like

Biden’s vax/mask mandate includes:

“Require Unvaccinated Employees to Produce a Negative Test on at Least a Weekly Basis”

Not 8, but at least 4. Mandated.

Huh? I think my scenario is much more likely overall. Knowledge of status (through testing) would decrease likelihood of transmission.