Nothing is free, especially 8 COVID tests a month

I really hate stupid headlines. Biden did not just make 8 COVID test a month free. He just made it where your insurer is now on the hook for up to 8 tests a month into the foreseeable future. Because this has to be provided, with no direct charge or copay to the insured, it will have to be included in a future premium increase. Anyone with any knowledge of state insurance regulations knows that all 50 states require all insurance policies sold to meet actuarial standards. In layman’s terms, premiums must be set high enough to allow the insurer to pay reasonably expected claims against the policy. Insurance law requires annual submission of premiums and expected claims for review and approval by the state regulator. If a company tries to low ball premiums the regulator has the authority to disallow the policy for sale within the state. So welcome another rate increase.

Biden administration to require insurers to pay for eight COVID-19 tests per month

1 Like

paying for COVID rest in the middle of a pandemic what a monster.

It went right over your head I see.

6 Likes

Covid tests are much less expensive than Covid.

Which does not change the fact that they have to be paid for and will lead to a premium increase.

That is a very lame go to argument.

3 Likes

Not really.

The less people that are in the hospital with Covid the cheaper it is for everyone.

Seems like this is a back door argument for the public option.

So a test is going to prevent you from going to the hospital?

2 Likes

No, since a public option also has to be paid for with a 20-23% payroll tax increase.

It will let one know if they are infected and be able to isolate.

My union’s return to work agreement included that the employer tests almost everyone working three times a week with a robust contact tracing scheme.

That has kept me and a lot of people employed for the past year and a half.

A lot less sick people also.

I will take random scary numbers for $1000 Alex.

2 Likes

It should reduce chances of coming into contact with an infected person.

I fail to see the issue.
why should American pay for COVID test during a pandemic.

Answer, what is a vapid, nonsensical response on a message board.

I bet you think your health care in Canada is free.

6 Likes

And between the time they have symptoms and get their test results how many others have they infected.

Go outside, get some fresh air without a mask on. It’s okay to drive in your car without one as well.

:wink:

1 Like

No I pay for it with my taxes.

back to the subject why should American have to pay for COVID test during a pandemic.

Should

In what silly universe do you think we aren’t paying in one way or another?