Not sure if Europe can put a lid on the virus

Be an island.

No ■■■■ Sherlock…and they let the China virus loose on the whole world.

2 Likes

And license to resort to draconian measures to make up for it. Oh and also can’t be believed in their reporting.

Continent. But no land border with a different country. And closest neighbor New Zealand seems to have been able to contain it.

That’s why they call it the Chinese virus.

1 Like

Big island.

Also an island.

Also helps if you stick all your illegal immigrants in offshore camps. Looking at you AU

No, not really.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_islands_by_area

https://www.worldatlas.com/aatlas/infopage/islands.htm

Australia is not generally considered an island. Greenland is the largest island.

It’s a land mass surrounded by water.

2 Likes

What do you consider a real shutdown? Need to know where the definition has moved too. What did Australia do more than Italy?

It’s a previously unknown virus and unlike H1N1 no vaccine. Until there is a vaccine those infected will either build immunity to minimize illness, die from underlying health problems or compromised immune systems or walk around asymptomatic potentially exposing others to the contagion.

1 Like
1 Like

fairly certain you said europe did before. how’d that work out?

thats a silly statement seeing as how italy’s shutdown entailed being in your home and only coming out for 1 hour every 2 weeks to grocery shop

I assume they had “essential” workers out and about.

i assume everywhere did. unless you think australians didn’t need groceries for 112 days

Just telling the explanation I have heard or read from the people who call them partial shut-downs.

the excuse de jure. oddly, europe had it all right until the last month or so and we were the worst of the worst.

for all those who trumpetted those things, i will add… i told you so.

and i’ll tell it again now. as infection rates reach 25% or so, new infections will plateau (already seeing it) and then drop off. if the vaccine is available and being used in the next 4 months, we’re done. if not, about 4-5 months from now, get ready for another round. the pattern is consistant

Well Europe used to be the shining example, now it’s New Zealand, or something.

1 Like

yes, we should all be like them… islands

1 Like