North Korean Nuclear Program

oh…real shock here

This is a surprise to whom exactly? Nobody expected them to scrap their entire program in six months.

you dont understand sarcasm huh?

I understand sarcasm just fine, you however don’t seem to understand plain English.

Let me repeat.

Read it slowly and think hard before replying.

nope i guess you dont…

One last time. Nobody thought they would be scrapping their entire program immediately.

Do you “get it” yet?

i see you still dont.

That’s what I expected, thanks for playing.

you didnt expect anything…Just your typical response when you dont get your way. now make some excuse…by stating no excuses here…

I got exactly what I expected from you. You’re as predictable as a busted clock.

lol, no. Their last missile test would have easily reached Washington D.C had it been fired at a normal trajectory instead of going so high to keep it close to Japan.

Estimated range on their current ICBM is 8,100 miles, enough to land anywhere in the US mainland.

US intel assesses that if the Norks don’t fire them into such a high trajectory, the RV will probably survive. High trajectory means a lot more stress.

It’s over, they won.

The missile never traveled far enough to reach another continent. There’s a hell of a lot more involved than just hitting a given altitude.

As for your last, no, that isn’t at all true. The friction is the same given the same angle of reentry.

Yes, there is. And the Norks demonstrated it. 8,100 miles, according to virtually every rocket scientist who looked at the launch.

The only quibble is over the re-entry vehicle and their current state of miniaturisation, and US intel already thinks they’ve cracked both.

Please cite your source for the bolded.

More unnamed sources. Thanks.

lol.

McMaster is going nowhere. And neither is Sarah!

Welcome to the world of WilRose, where when you give him what he asks for, he notpicks it to death and asks for more.

And don’t forget…he is an expert on EVERYTHING…yet somehow isn’t highly in demand by intelligence agencies and think tanks all over the world.

LOL!

4 Likes

and the rubes fall for it.

If they were developed completely domestically that’s even worse. Aside from acquiring actual engines, it’s just as likely they acquired designs and manufacturing. Your article predates the launch of the Hwasong-15 missile which unlikely the Hwasong-14 had a two chamber engine which is basically identical to the RD-250.

That being said, the last 3 tests were completely successful in terms of boost stage. From your article:

“Two years have passed since the beginning of the development of technology until launch, these terms are exceptional,” Radchenko said, referring to North Korea’s missile program. “No one can … implement this project in such terms, even a space power … But they succeeded. They used the finished product. That’s all we can say.”

Any way you slice it, they made a huge leap in the last few years. Please back up your statement that “they haven’t got the experience in producing them to do so with any consistency or the money to develop a serious large scale program without starving the country to death.”

For starters, large scale isn’t my concern. One missile could be more than enough.