Non Citizens are Voting, it's no longer even questionable

THAT is what this is all about. Someone crunched some numbers and think they can will more elections.

1 Like

The trumpist way. Call the media the enemy of the people and try to shut down voters. Cons sure like their authoritarians

There is no enforcement process that is 100% effective.

You therefore balance benefits, detriments, and costs when deciding to add more enforcement.

If a manfacturing line of a large company has a 0.0004% failure rate, they would NOT spend more money to try and improve that.

They would live the fact that there will be on average 4 failures every million units produced.

1 Like

It’s funny. They make the same arguments you’re making with gun control. Criminals will be criminals and will find a way to vote illegally!!

And yet if they knew what caused the failure, would it not be better to fix it?

In this topic, we can see the means for failure and it can be corrected.

are you speaking of the Mueller investigation or 5 to 10 mistakes per year with voters?

I am speaking to the topic of this thread.

Well, a whole lot of people here want to do the opposite of what you suggest regarding Russia. So you want to stamp out 5-10 mistakes and they want to ignore Russia playing us.

That doesn’t line up.

Then, you should address that to them in those threads. Not to me in a thread on a different topic.

I think a key point of the OP that is being overlooked is that his is exclusively a human error issue.

It’s actually a valid point for this very thread. A ton of people, who oppose the Mueller investigation into Russia, will rush into this thread and say that it is critical that we stop the 5 or 10 mistakes. I believe the OP is one of them.

Much ado about nothing. Pretty much describes the Republican party these days.

Because the overwhelming number of voters disenfranchised will be Democratic voters, which helps the GOP. Which is the real reason to do all this, not to address a problem minuscule in scale but to provide tangible benefits to the GOP.

1 Like

One could also argue a significantly greater disenfranchisement of votes based on decades of failed promises in D controlled cities or R controlled states based on voter turnout.

WHY BOTHER??

I find the disenfranchisement argument weak and unsubstantiated.

With this particular problem, the fix was not to have the small amount of individuals who were pressing people who shouldn’t register to register, not Voter ID.

How do failed promises disenfranchise voters? Not sure you understand what voter disenfranchisement means.

Failed promises do disenfranchise voters but that’s more of a discussion of bad legislation rather than actual acts to disenfranchise voters like GoP is attempting to do with Voter ID

Was this a concerted effort to change the outcome of the election?

That like saying because cars cause accidents lets ban cars, see no more accidents.

we dont need VOTER ID laws.

VOTER ID laws surpress the particiction rate from citizens.

Every citizen should be registered and issued a free voter card upon birth (with fingerprint registry) (just like an SS card)

when you turn 18. your voter number gets turned on.

one vote per registered number.

Allan

Allan

I disagree. I think I follow your point but I don’t think that qualifies as voter disenfranchisement.