Non Citizens are Voting, it's no longer even questionable

Or do away with automatic registration upon getting a driver’s license, since they don’t check if a person is eligible to vote before registering them.

I’d agree but keep auto register if the documents provided for the drivers license were sufficient for proof of citizenship (US birth certificate).

Fair enough.

This is just one county in all of the United States and it’s clear government incompetence in keeping the voter roll pure from voter fraud. It would appear that the illegal is more aware of the danger to themselves for being on that roll and showed more concern than the government who put them there? We need a federal voter integrity process that ensures the integrity of our voting system…period.

Actually the vetting for voting eligibility via registration application processing is not, to my knowledge, the responsibility of DMV offices.

However, there is, without any doubt on my part, problems with most every DMV office and their being the most likely venue for initially getting people registered to vote. If it were up to me there would be no link between any DMV and registering people to vote, especially NO automatic registration.

I say this because I have researched extensively the pitfalls and weaknesses of the DMV handling voter registration applications. Also having worked as an Election Judge in two different states and now as a precinct Chief Judge I have seen serious problems with State DMV voter registration.

The problem starts with State DMV employees not being sufficiently trained for the job. Most state Motor Voter laws were not well thought out, in my opinion, and I have seen issues with seriously inconsistent processing of potential voter registration applications.

The second major issue is that voter registration applications filed in a State DMV office must then be sent to the County Elections board in the county where the prospective voter lives for theur confirmation and approval.

Well I can tell you that doesn’t always happen. I had quite a few people come in to vote in our primary election this year who thought they would be good to go because they had registered at the DMV. But there had been some glitch and their applications had not been received by the elections board. They weren’t regustered.

Motor Voter laws are getting more people registered, but there have been unacceptable problems. The two biggest are ineligible people getting registered and people who are eligible getting lost in the system.

3 Likes

Why is this acceptable? There have been numerous election results decided by less votes.

I call it evidence of an easily correctable issue.

There are 1.23 million people in Allegheny County. Let’s assume 60% of them are of voting age…that’s 740,000.

In 12 years, 139 non-citizens were registered. That’s ((139/12)/740,000)*100% = 0.002% of the voting population.

27% actually cast a ballot. That’s ((39/12)/740,000)*100% = 0.0004% of the voting population.

Yep- look at that HUGE push to register illegals.

1 Like

I am not comfortable relying on the honor of a non-citizen who has already broken at least one law.

The real motivation appears to be that they don’t wish to call attention to broken law 1, however they see that the law is ignored and proceed to do as they wish…and vote.

The issue was resolved in 2012. Show an ID and be done with it. Not an onerous or “suppressive” request.

Good thing we are not discussing epidemiology.

ONE incidence is too many and indication of a problem.

They are not illegals.

All you have to do is point to an election that was decided by a couple votes.

Just one.

Of course it should be corrected.

What it isn’t a case of, however, of some huge push to register illegals.

Oh…and BTW, Pennsylvania still doesn’t have RealID because of our REPUBLICAN state assembly.

Nowhere did I claim it shouldn’t be corrected.

What I said is that it was not some massive “Democratic Party” push to register illegal voters, as the Oper implied.

And no type of enforcement measure is 100% perfect…not even VoterID laws.

You balance enforcement with making sure no one who is allowed to vote is disenfranchised.

Most Voter ID laws are out of balance…we can talk about whether that’s deliberate or not (in many court cases, it has been shown to be deliberate attempts by GOP legislatures to suppress LEGAL voters who usually vote Democrat).

this is why we need to have a giant push in registering Americans (legal) to vote instead of making it harder. we have to counter the 5 or 10 mistakes that may be made.

Aren’t lawful permanent residents eligible to vote in local elections, but not federal?

Linked article doesn’t specify in which they voted.

That said I think it unfair to everyone encouraging those who don’t have but limited English & won’t understand what it is they’re selecting to vote.

True. But minorities, the poor, and the elderly are more likely not to have a current government ID.

Are you implying Republicans are law abiding, more well-to-do and if an ID is required will find the means to obtain it without government assistance?

And yet there is another topic in which people claim there is no evidence of illegal voting.

For me, it isn’t so much about the numbers (which one is too many) it is about the potential for there to be enough to swing an election.

2 Likes

Find an election that has been decided by 0.0004% of the vote.

That’s not the point. Say I do find an election decided by 0.0004% of the vote. Then, we are still back to square one with non-citizens being offered voter registration at the DMV.

Just because a person has $100.00 to spend yet holds on to it, doesn’t mean he has the potential to spend it.