Nomination of the Honorable Brett M. Kavanaugh to be an Associate Justice of the...(Added day 5)

They had nothing to lose except using and abusing the accuser…if she is not credible after all.

:balance_scale:

1 Like

Nice to see you put serious thought into this. Yourve even discovered a new conspiracy before it happened.

1 Like

I highly doubt she will not testify. She is passed the point of no return here. Her name is out, her statements are out, her attempt at providing some sort of credibility to the accusations are out (the passed polygraph and the notes from her therapist.)

So someone from Grassley’s office called someone last night. What time did they call? Who did they call? Did they leave a message? Was it a staffer who contacted the wrong attorney’s office? There are too many unknowns here to claim that she has thus far not agreed to come as an insinuation she will not.

When recalling events from that long ago, natural mis-remembering and “slipping up” become hard to distinguish.

Of course not. And everything to gain. It is all a sick partisan mockery of our system. It is another horrible step forward in this partisan tit-for-tat escalation that both sides have been engaged in for years now.

“Ford is a registered Democrat and participated in a local Women’s March protesting Trump last year where she wore one of the pink-yarned hats.”

What a coincidence.

Another good reason for statutes of limitation.

After so many years, Ford said, she does not remember some key details of the incident. She said she believes it occurred in the summer of 1982, when she was 15, around the end of her sophomore year at the all-girls Holton-Arms School in Bethesda. Kavanaugh would have been 17 at the end of his junior year at Georgetown Prep.

Ford said she does not remember how the gathering came together the night of the incident. She said she often spent time in the summer at the Columbia Country Club pool in Chevy Chase, where in those pre-cellphone days, teenagers learned about gatherings via word of mouth. She also doesn’t recall who owned the house or how she got there.

She isn’t sure how she got home.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/california-professor-writer-of-confidential-brett-kavanaugh-letter-speaks-out-about-her-allegation-of-sexual-assault/2018/09/16/46982194-b846-11e8-94eb-3bd52dfe917b_story.html?utm_term=.d613b53ad9c1

So lets look at this. She ~THINKS~ it was the summer of '82 – but not sure. Doesn’t remember who owned the home, how she got there, or how she got home. Doen’t know if they followed her up the stairs, or was already upstairs. But she damn sure knows who it was.

Even through she made have told the therapist (she claims the therapist wrote info down wrong) where it was 4 who attacked her.

Lot of memory gaps and changing story. But hey lets beleive her and not Judge, Kavanaugh, and the 65 women who signed a letter and two ladies who dates him that contridict her story.

2 Likes

Grassley is now threating to cancel the additional hearings if the accuser doesn’t accept.

My guess would be that her lawyer may be trying to put her in a simulated hearing type situation to see how she will hold up before deciding to accept or not.

But Grassley said during a Tuesday radio interview that his office has reached out several times to Ford and her attorneys to discuss her allegation, but has heard nothing back.

“We have reached out to her in the last 36 hours three or four times by email and we have not heard from them, and it kind of raises the question, do they want to come to the public hearing or not?” Grassley said on The Hugh Hewitt Show.

Asked whether there would be a hearing if Ford did not agree to appear, Grassley suggested he couldn’t see a reason to hold one.

“What would be the purpose of the hearing if Dr. Ford doesn’t want to respond?” Grassley said.

Going to be intrereting to see how this all plays out

Here’s my idea.

Grassley should send an e-mail saying we expect word from you by 5 pm eastern time on Wednesday September 19th 2018. If we fail to hear from you, the hearing will be canceled and changed to a vote on confirmation of Judge Kavanaugh to go to the full senate.

Eh, Tguns is not a Trump sellout.

How is it Karma?

Honestly…I don’t think anyone is telling the truth. He isn’t, she isn’t, Hell, I don’t know if you are or if I am. THis is how convoluted things are right now. I don’t even know if I am telling the truth anymore!

LOL.

You know what I mean…

This is more along the lines of what they did to Thomas…if there is nothing to the allegations.

If there is something to them. And right now all we have is allegations, I am glad we found out before the nomination.

childish names…typical of a Trumpite…

The big problem for me here is that it has beeen so long and with a therapy session in between. It is very possible that something did happen that day but what she is remembering isn’t a true accounting of what happened, when, who, etc. That is really what I think is going on. She is misremembering details of something from 36 years ago she supressed and a therapist helped her bring up 6 years ago. That doesn’t make her a lier or kavanaugh an attempted rapist.

3 Likes

I’m thinking it’s a Poe. Grope Kavanaugh?

This is where I am leaning as well. And unfortunately I doubt any of us will ever know the truth. Which makes this whole spectacle all the worse in my opinion.

We need to look at…what if any relationship was had between her and Kavanaugh…were they friends…were they dating, was she drunk was he drunk? what were the circumstances…who’s house was the party at. Does anyone else remember the party. Was there anyone who can corroborate that he was there, if he was was she there? It’s crazy all the things that need to get answered…that probably won’t. So what we have is a pubic hair on a coke can and someone claiming it was Clarence Thomas’.