Nomination of the Honorable Brett M. Kavanaugh to be an Associate Justice of the...(Added day 5)

That doesn’t make sense. The committee was set to vote this Thursday. That has been placed on hold so a new day of hearings can be held. How is that an acceleration?

Maybe Monday will be a dud:

Much has been made of Kavanaugh accuser Christine Blasey Ford’s invitation to testify before an open hearing of the Senate Judiciary Committee next week – but it’s not yet set in stone she will actually show.

Fox News is told that the Republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee on Monday night reached out to Ford’s lawyers to invite her to next Monday’s open hearing to discuss her allegation of sexual assault against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, but she has not responded yet.

Maybe she is having qualms about testifying under oath (threat of jail if she is found to be lying in any fashion), especially since she can’t remember the month or year of the pary (Key facts) but she can say with certainty it was kavanaugh.

2 Likes

To be fair there are a few memorable incidents for me at parties in my teenage years during the mid 80s where I can recall the event but have no idea as to the year let a!one the.month.

1 Like

We’ll see if multiple people making similar accusations appear against Kavanaugh, and if Ford kept a blue dress.

1 Like

Not the same as claiming you had a life changing event there. If you were in a major accident or something of that sort, you are going to remember when and where it was.

Trump probably called this guy up and said don’t worry about it. You and I could tape her on live tv at the hearing and CEC will spin it that she came on to us and the people who vote for me will still defend and support us.

Not like it would even move the needle for folks like you.

What part of “It was reported” eluded you?

We will see Monday what the truth is.

:balance_scale:

What part of, “I haven’t read that” eluded you? If it was reported, then there should be a link to the report. Do you have supporting information for this claim, or did you make it up?

Sure it does.

This was a delay tactic.

The acceleration is to provide the accuser her platform and just diligence…while keeping to the intended timetable as much as Monday’s hearing will allow.

This incident (accusation) did not need to be brought up as late in the process as it was.

It was and now we will deal with it.

1 Like

Go look it up yourself.

This is shades of clearance thomas again. I hate seeing supreme court nominations reduced to this level

2 Likes

So it was not an acceleration, as you falsely claimed then. Got it. :+1:

I didn’t figure it was actually said by her and you were making it up. I thought there was a possibility I had missed it in the articles I’ve read, but you confirmed that is not the case. Thanks.

It was not the reaction Feinstein and Shumer expected.

Call it whatever you want.

:alien:

I think it is exactly what they expected. They shot for the fences, trying to get the FBI to re-open an investigation, knowing the White House would never authorize that, which is required for the FBI to re-open. And they settled in on having a public hearing where both the accused and accuser are trotted out before the circus and make a further mockery of our system, in order to score political points and drive voter enthusiasm for November. This is going exactly how they planned it.

1 Like

Are you suggesting another poster also “made up” the same report 10 posts prior?

LOL.

This is breaking up faster than a balsa schooner in a Cat 5 storm.

but so far the accuser hasn’t agreed to come. She was fine writing a letter (which was withheld from committee for months) and hoping for this FBI investigation but no word yet on actually coming to testify.

1 Like

I’m suggesting you made it up, since you have nothing to support a claim that you made. And this link does not support it either. Feel free to prove me wrong with a link, or admit you don’t know if it is true or not, and we will move on.

I am rubber you are glue…

1 Like