No Room at the Hospital in Canada

I’m sorry to hear that with socialized medicine in thor country there is no money in building or expanding hospitals in Canada.

There is plenty of hospital building and expansion happening here in the states. In fact, a hospital in the town I live in now is putting in a new wing.

No. That’s not what Drs said. He said people with insurance get a private our semi private room faster than those without insurance. So those without insurance even get a private room?

Why isn’t there any money available in your country for hospital construction? could it be a natural outcome of the socialized medicine system your country has?

Their care is cheaper for starters.

No it couldn’t.

Yeah. I guess when the patient dies while waiting for a room, the costs are going to be lower.

Why not?

Yep they can at times I did.

You guys can look at the warts and failures of other systems of health care all you want.

The fact of the matter is the US spends more on health care per capita than any other industrialized nation, and ranks pretty much dead last among them by any metrics you might want to measure.

That’s bad no matter how you slice it.

Being the place to come for innovative care is not something on which to hang our hats when our system locks out regular care from people who need it.

And we know that regular care is the key to avoiding longer term costs down the road.

But until we actually put the care of people at the center of our health care paradigm, we’ll never fix this.

Right now, money is at the center, not people.

2 Likes

Then you lied to us.

That’s not how people work.

Why are stories like this so common in the US?

And then there was happiness.

Nope but complex matters like this are hard for people who are not interested in real solutions.

Sure it is.

It’s how it works in India, of all places.

They’re actually fast becoming known as a place of innovative ways to offer the same levels of health care we have in the US at a fraction of the cost, and they’re making money and attracting investment hand over fist.

Their hospitals begin with the principle that health care is a right…that is their governing principle.

It isn’t…

We tried to get the truth out in 2009 and were shouted down and enough palms were greased for Pelosi to prance around with an oversized gavel of braggadocio nonsense.

Because its just not a natural outcome.

Trump is fixing the book cooking of accounting that takes from those who have for those who have less.

He is busy fixing NATO right now.

Then the people paying extra money for a private room that a person without insurance can also get are idiots.

Oh I’m sorry…I thought you were here for serious discussion.

He’s not even coming close to doing that…never was his intention to do that.

We’ll never have serious discussion about serious issues if people are going to continue to blast ridiculous talking points like this.