No Room at the Hospital in Canada

THAT is how people work.

Then why don’t Canadians have money tho build new hospitals?

You didn’t read what I typed.

The guiding principle of Indian hospitals is that EVERYONE has a right to adequate health care.

They START with that, not profit maximization.

That they make money flows from THAT PRINCIPLE that puts people at the center.

Every system we’ve tried treats people like interchangeable cogs.

They dont?

Why don’t research stuff so you dont look so ignorant?

I can survive without your “serious” input.

Beginning construction in 3 years.

Why the rush?

I know you can…more’s the pity.

I personally can’t imagine one who wants to live in the imaginary world you inhabit where you think Donald Trump actually cares about the little guy despite mountains of evidence to the contrary.

You miss the mark. He cares about America and the middle class that is her backbone.

This makes all of us better.

Contrast with Pelosi, Clinton and Shumer contempt of the middle class and it is what it is…

Trump has more contempt for the middle class than all of those three combined.

He calls them losers and has advocated tanking the economy so the working class will gladly give up all the power they’ve earned over the decades just to have a menial job.

Are you really that into the Kool-Aid that you don’t realize your ears are being tickled?

Because they don’t.

India heading for comprehensive healthcare crisis: Amartya Sen

Read more at:
//economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/64935113.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst
Sen, a recipient of the Bharat Ratna in 1999, further claims that the entire organisation of Indian healthcare has become “deeply flawed”, leading the country into “a comprehensive healthcare crisis”.

"Despite being one of the fastest growing economies in the world, India ranks among the poorest achievers of good health. The shortfall of India’s health achievements compared with those of, say, China or Thailand is large and has been growing larger. Even within South Asia, Bangladesh and …

Read more at:
//economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/64935113.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Just going by what canadianjudo said. I didn’t realize he was not telling the truth either.

If they weren’t making money, they wouldn’t be doing it.

Ok. thanks for that info depth explanation.

Well I don’t know, there are Canadians here so ask them.

I can’t seem to get an honest answer from any of them.

1 Like

Because it’s not an investment I which people can make money. It is a taxpayer expens. And voters expect their representatives to curb expenses. And that is the fundamental problem with socialized medicine.

1 Like

No the problem is that people want the best without having to pay for it.

Same ball park.

They don’t want to pay for it so they transferred the expense to the government. Guess what. They also don’t want to pay high taxes. With an investment, the natural pressure is to maximize return on the investment. With expenses the natural pressure is to reduce the expense. If a hospital bed is a private investment, the market will seek to reach the optimum number and types of beds to maximize profits. Change that same bed into a government expense, and the direction of the drive will be to minimize expenses by reducing the number of beds towards zero. They will never reach that point, but it is the unspoken ultimate end point of reducing expenses as much as possible

Uh, my brother had a heart attack last year. Went to ER. Finally sent home couple days later after surgery. Had a second heart attack days later. No beds. Got him stable in triage then helicoptered him to the hospital 45 minutes away.