No More Stimulus

It will definitely cause more deaths. That’s not even up for debate. You can’t hand wave that away. A thousand people are dying a day. The states that refused to shut down are ■■■■■■■ swamped with COVID and their hospital systems are at their breaking point.

Florida has more daily cases than we had in the whole country in March.

2 Likes

Extremely well.

My industry is slammed (construction). I have been waiting almost a month to get a quote to have my kitchen re-done. There really is that much of a back log.

In my showroom, we require a mask and immediate hand sanitizing upon entry. We have people coming in all day long in a steady stream.

No one in my employ has gotten sick or tested positive.

Restaurants and bars are hanging in there. Everyone I know is trying to support the Mom and Pop restaurants to keep them afloat. I just went to a place and bought two baked potatoes and gave them a $10.00 tip. Most around here do the same.

2 Likes

The sky is falling!

They had more cases but much lower percentage death rates.

I’ll make you a bet right now. If Biden wins the shutdowns & riots will stop. The economy will be reopened to pump up the economy. (His other policies will ruin the economy not withstanding).

How do I know that? This is all about trying to hurt Trump. ALSO, the pandemic that happened when Biden was in office was completely ignored.

1 Like

Is it? Are you sure Florida isn’t logging more daily cases than the whole country was during the initial shutdown?

Sticking your fingers in your ears and going la la la doesn’t make a pandemic go away. If you guys wouldn’t have flight this from minute and would quit crying about masks and social distancing, we could already be opening the damned country, like almost every other country in the world.

They’re playing soccer again in Europe. The MLB couldn’t go two games without a whole team catching COVID. Explain that.

Anytime I thought of selling my house because the market was on fire, the price of a new house was sky high. So was the selling price of my house.

When the market was depressed, so was the selling price of my house.

It tends to be apples to apples.

Let’s take a look at the hit other countries have taken and put it into perspective.

They’ve taken a hit. So have we.

In the end, I believe it will be apples to apples.

Can only “open” an economy so much in a pandemic.

1 Like

I dunno if you’ve ever read Chicken Little but the sky is falling refers to something that is not happening. This is definitely ■■■■■■■ happening.

And we’ve handled this worse than almost any country on Earth because of folks like y’all who refuse to take it seriously.

2 Likes

Precisely the response expected. Thanks for living down to expectations!

I hope that we learn from the failures to properly meet the response to the 2008 kerfuffle and not repeat those mistakes.

A bunch of people losing their homes again would be apocalyptic.

We shouldn’t do that again.

1 Like

One can’t shake the feeling they want it to happen. Assuming that they’re one of the eggs that won’t be broke to make the omelette of course.

3 Likes

I’m sure. I live here. You don’t.

Define “logging” because there has been plenty of information out there that the reported rates are not quite kosher.

I gave you the protocol for my company. How do you equate that to sticking fingers in ears and going la la la?

There isn’t any reason not to when precautions are taken as I stated.

Sorry, not a sports fan.

i didnt say they would

they would help those impacted by heavy handed govt mandated shutdowns and limitations that, heh, heretofore, dont have any evidence that they do ■■■■

what an honor!

i’m not actively engaged in or promoting anything that supposedly “owns” libs

1 Like

Schumer will block any possible stimulus at this point. He’s already declaring the 600 UI benefit non negotiable. There will be no stimulus.

1 Like

Oh there will be. It’s an election year. Mitch McConnell made the biggest political miscalculation of his career, assuming he had the votes lined up so strongly that he didn’t even bother to do anything for two and a half months and then it turned out he didn’t.

There will be no stimulus so long as cryin chucky demands 600 pounds of silver

1 Like

Sure there won’t be. I’m not so sure that Republicans want to lose the election that badly. Everyone will be running out of money and getting evicted just as November rolls around.

1 Like

I agree.

It’ll be less of a hassle, hopefully, to get those who are slacking & coming up with excuses not to return to work to do so.

There will be less phone calls to the number to report those on Unemployment who refuse to return to work, if there are a lot now. My state of residence, I do believe UI is determined by sum of your two most profitable quarters, divided by two and further divided by the maximum number of weeks payable—26–to determine your weekly payment. Who in the Hell whose sane wants to live on that?!

The $600 per week extra should never have been offered. I’m acquainted with individuals who, as health care workers, think the $600 weekly should have gone to them for continuing to work.

For donning a mask :mask: & bringing their sorry asses into work?!?!?! Hell, no!

There should have been no $600 extra for anyone. UI is supposed to be a stipend while waiting to return to work—not in lieu of returning.

1 Like

1 Like