Nikki Haley: now and then

Compelling argument.

Here’s your chance to retract.

Will those instructions come subconsciously or in dreams.

Obviously…you, if that’s what you believe? :sunglasses:

She was right then. Trump was right then.

And that statement is still right today.

And I see Haley commenting NOW on Trump’s actions between election day and inauguration day. She made a blanket statement in the article: “His actions since Election Day will be judged harshly by history.” I would qualify that to say SOME of his actions were wrong. But as long as the media are in charge of the narrative, it’s true that the blanket statement prevails.

Her statements today do not contradict what she said back then. (Unless you want them to.)

I do not see where it says she started the fund like the other poster claimed.

So all this time that you denied this, you knew what was being implied and knew it was correct but chose to deny this truth because they didn’t arrange the words correctly to meet your idea of the truth? I’ve noticed you do this a lot, which is why your credibility suffers. Just sayin… :sunglasses:

1 Like

The true believers don’t believe that.

Allan

I’m told almost every day on here that words matter. The poster tried to assign ownership of something to that was not grounded in reality

The real issue is that people are allowing statements and positions to pivot on Trump. If she allows the narrative to prevail that she’s “breaking with Trump”, yes, she will doom any presidential aspirations.

The media, the political elites, the intelligentsia, the NARRATIVE … are all working desperately to attach particular ideas to Trump so that any attempt to promote certain ideas and philosophies will be DOA because … Trump.

Trump didn’t create the positions he espoused. He promoted ideas that have long simmered in true conservative circles. Trump got his support because FINALLY a politician with clout actually espoused – and attempted to enact – those ideas. Today a voter who still seeks those ends is cast as a Trump-lover. Haley talked about love for Trump in her interview in the article attached to the first post. She’s falling into that paradigm.

Haley (and any other politician) could still endorse those philosophies independent of Trump. The philosophies exist independent of Trump. Conservative politicians need to separate those philosophies from the man, lest they force themselves to abandon the philosophies and get absorbed into the political machine.

Trump made some very bad moves after the election. He, too, fell into the narrative trap. He made the call for election integrity about HIM, and not about election integrity. He played into the media’s hands.

2 Likes

It was grounded in reality and that’s my point. One of the neatest skills in my world, is being able to hear what people say and understand what it is they mean. It saves a lot of time and makes me a lot more money with in that time. Just sayin… :sunglasses:

Their approach should be to focus on the issues and philosophy, not on the man.

I’m applauding you right now.

No they weren’t.

Those were mostly peaceful. Weren’t you paying attention to the news?

[/sarcasm]

1 Like

No it wasn’t. There was absolutely no truth in that she started the bail fund.

Boiling frog. That’s why.

There ya go again… :sunglasses:

Now substitute one word in your sentence from “started” to promoted and bam…you have truth.

The thing is, Trump wasn’t concerned about unity. He never pretended to seek it. He was about what was right for the country.

Yes, I cheered those initiatives. And I despise their subsequent undoing.

The talk (from conservatives) about “unity” today is focused on the duplicity of the ersatz call for it from the new leadership. Nothing more. We know “unity” is not real. We know it’s just a ploy to tell us to shut up and conform. Today’s “unity” essentially says, “If you don’t become a ‘unit’, we will erase you.”

1 Like

Agreed.

That’s a piercing question. Right now I see nobody. Someone needs to break the mold.