Next Time - Immediate Action Drill

No, it’s not.

We need to act quick without any regards to our liberties.

Or President Trump being a dictator could order it.

1 Like

Well instead of wasting time, you could fill me in on the part that makes this story ground zero for the media inciting panic.

I’ve done more research than I should have for an assertion you made (without evidence).

Feelings

It’s an example.

It has long been observed that most Generals plan for the next war as if they were fighting the last war… and that such Generals are almost always failures.

It would be far wiser to build capability to respond quickly and effectively to a threat without assuming the the next threat will conveniently mimic the last threat.

ONE example. Thousands of stories and you found ONE example. It’s a retraction too :joy:

Those pesky feelings again

Valid point. Hence the reason I only addressed respiratory infections and not ebola.

This works for highly contagious diseases, not simply respiratory diseases.

So if someone wanted to try and reintroduce smallpox, for example…

Mechanism of infection makes them highly contagious. I agree with smallpox.

Thanks @WuWei, I appreciate the recognition.

Freedom has a time and place. It is important that we know our place (home), know our role (stay home) and do our part (to let authorities know when others aren’t). A compliant population is a safe population.

3 Likes

Good motto.

I’m not sure what any of your vague statement means but I think we could agree that if there was a way to harness the energy of the flailing, imagine the possibilities.

And when we’re scared ain’t it.

Allow me to translate

1 Like

@Tim - FRAGO - new data coming in.

According to Obama and CNN, Black Americans are disproportionately dying from this disease.

We may need to consider race in our IEDs.

And of course it’s race, not culture.

Are you stating that all respiratory infections are the same?

Because what you are saying is that when Legionnaire’s Disease emerged in the US the first step would have been to lock down eight or so States, which, of course, was the wrong response.

Bacterial, not viral. Read the first post. If you’re going to try to sharpshoot me and @Tim , you’re going to need better optics…

We don’t ■■■■ around…

Of course we can confiscate the air conditioners in the big cities if it makes you feel better.

Go ahead and impose martial law for all you fantasize. I believe we would be much better off focusing on preparedness: such restoring funding for the CDC’s offshore pandemic efforts; assuring supply chain for vital supplies; developing redundant test development capability than focusing on how to repeat the steps that were taken to confront coronavirus.

1 Like

Once we have the states isolated, we can move to the population centers in the cities. Establish perimeter and perform house to house testing for the virus. We find a case of covid-19 in a household, isolate and treat the patient in place and put a red X on the door to identify the hazard.

During the search we can also look for other contributing risk factors for viral infection; smokers, drinkers, poor diet, poorly maintained home. Just think of all the health benefits this in depth approach could have. Overall compliance and unified health is key.

4 Likes