New video of the George Floyd arrest

That gun gets pointed at his head real quick.

Not true at all. The incident was not long at all. Torn up with drugs. He was dying already and the cops didn’t see it and didn’t take right actions in time.

The cops first talking to him should have backed off and called paramedics immediately.

He wasn’t dying until he was killed.

1 Like

If he was overdosing he would be a puddle on the floor.
the fact he could move prove he was in fact not overdosing.

He seems to be confused and has difficulty speaking clearly. Is that a symptom of fentanyl use?

At 1:30 in the video below Floyd appears to drop a small baggie with white power in it:

That is at 20:36:34 according to the time on the store camera. A little over two minutes later at 20:38:45 store time, he falls to the ground next to the police car across the street. The narrator says that the police called an ambulance at this point.

If the bag had leaked and he got fentanyl power on his hands could he gradually absorb an overdose through his skin over a period of several minutes?

No. That’s not how it works.

1 Like

I’m going to quibble: fentanyl is a drug that’s pretty impossible to use.

Chickens with their heads off still move.

He was having a heart attack and overdosing. The cops were pathetic. Not seeing the obvious. Bad training.

Well, if you do the math and get the dose right - you’re good.

But I’ve never seen anyone do the math right.

This video shows a police officer apparently overdosing after handling fentanyl:

Here is a similar incident that occurred when fentanyl got on an officers clothes and then he brushed it off with his hand an hour later:

Did something similar happen after Floyd dropped the baggie of white powder?

2 Likes

Me neither. Watched a lady crumple from the time it took to dose, walk fifteen fifteen into the store I was remodeling, and go soft, in about 2 minutes. What saved her life was being across from the central fire station.

Seen dudes drop into a k hole with more control.

Yep. 30-60 seconds from dose to coma.

When I was a teenager, I ran with the wrong crowd. I had a lot of junkie friends. It wasn’t until fentanyl got a marketshare that my friends started dying.

Ditto that, but pre-fentanyl.

To keep this on topic, doesn’t matter if Mr. Floyd was a man without control over substance abuse. Chauvin executed him because he could.

1 Like

If Mr. Floyd had been contemporaneously dying of a drug overdose at the same time he was killed by the police department, that’s worse.

1 Like

Who would have thought that kneeling on someone’s neck for nine minutes would result in death by drug overdose?

8 Likes

It’s the new rage with teens. They call it pressing the vein.

2 Likes

All joking aside, you’re not wrong. Kids in rehab have in fact been known to choke themselves out to get “high”.

It’s called “California dreaming.”

I quoted the second half of the same statute you just quoted.

The part you quoted doesn’t apply. They were not commuting a felony at the time.

We did it in the late 70s, early 80s. But, I remembering it being called ‘going cloudy’ or something like that. I also remember my father backhanding me after he found out I’d done it at a Scout meeting. Told me if I wanted brain damage, it would be his privilege to give it to me.

1 Like

Well, according to the prosecutor, they were in fact committing a felony. I believe Assault in the 2nd degree is the predicate felony they have chosen.