New video of the George Floyd arrest

That screws things up.

Wasn’t Floyd a big guy?

I would seriously doubt anyone can successfully argue that restraining someone being arrested constitutes felony assault.

The part I quoted is directly relevant, but only if it can be shown they meant to cause him harm.

I’m not going to attempt to justiciate the details.

Those are the charges. We’ll all see what happens.

If he was on fentanyl alone death by OD would have bee possible but he was well within the levels given for sedation.

The meth he was on would have counteracted many of those effects.

They killed him, the autopsy makes it clear the cause of death was homicide due to LE actions.

With his condition and his complaints and ambulance should have been called in the first minute just to be sure he wasn’t’ faking it all.

He was most certainly not struggling or fighting at a level requiring a maximum use of force to detain him with two officers putting their weight on his neck and torso in a supine position with his hands cuffed behind his back.

Simply being face down with your hands behind your back for a prolonged period puts you in an oxygen deficit even without the weight being applied to his neck, back, and torso.

That level of restraint is only appropriate to get a violent offender under control and cannot be used for 9 minutes without the expectation of killing the subject even absent any complicating factors such as preexisting health conditions and drug use.

5 Likes

This I agree with.

And if I had to juxtapose, I would guess there was a fair amount of “playing up” the arrest for the new recruits.

I have no doubt they killed him. I have doubts about the level of charges the DA is going after. “Playing it up” just like the cops did.

1 Like

That’s one problem LEO’s always face, remember the Freddie Gray video where he acted like his body had gone limp before he was even tossed into the van.

To this day nobody really knows how or when his neck was injured.

For all we know he broke his neck in a crash on his bike without even realizing it and only after getting tossed around in the van was it displaced enough to sever his spinal cord.

We also cannot tell by the video how much pressure was really being applied. If the cop says he wasn’t applying real pressure and the video is dark and just looks bad…then what evidence can show the actual pressure?

He’s dead. It was enough to kill him.

You really can’t show what pressure was applied unless there are other injuries to use to evaluate. Which I haven’t heard mention of.

Unless the toxicology showed drug levels high enough he would have been dead regardless of the cops actions, then they are guilty of a crime. But what crime, and to what degree is important.

And if he was actually dying of a heart attack and overdose and the stupid looking cop was not using actual pressure, than what? His contact pressure is not proven and certainly his motives aren’t proven and never will be.

Guilty until proven innocent, based in media generated hysteria, latched onto by communists

You can tell how much pressure he was putting on Floyd’s neck as demonstrated by how little weight is on his other foot which he shifts around very easily throughout the restraint.

No way to tell by that video how much actual pressure is applied

Yes there is, observe his feet. Less than 30% of his weigh is on his off foot or he could not shift it around so easily.

You can also tell by how Floyd’s breathing and ability to speak taper throughout the encounter and by the last 2 minutes of consciousness it’s obvious he’s struggling for every breath and is clearly demonstrating anoxia.

Of course you’ve seen the leaked video. He was already unable to breathe. He was already having a heart attack and because Floyd was panicked he was talking gibberish. Cops didn’t Pick up on it.

He did not die of a heart attack.

His heart stopped beating when he ran out of oxygen.

There’s no proof. The other videos show he was already having a problem breathing delirious and panicked. He was dying on speed, cocaine and fentanyl. His heart stopped from death. We have no proof of the applied pressure. Anyone who have done many restraints on crazy people can tell how much pressure is applied, but an outside observer can’t tell. The cop, is going to say he wasn’t applying pressure, just acting to limit movement.

I changed my initial opinion and the other video’s show me he is already dying. The cops were nit much good but didn’t kill. Even quick medical staff probably couldn’t help him either. Extreme hypertensive event.

The proof is the audio, video, and autopsy findings.

Homicide is the ruling not death by natural causes or drug overdose.

Nobody but the officers restraining him could have killed him.

You will see …If the cop gets a fair trial. The autopsies were contradictory. People die of drugs that way every day.

No one was on his neck in the police car…he couldn’t breath. cops weren’t trained enough to see it.

No, the autopsies are not contradictory, they used different words to say the same thing.

Cops are absolutely well enough trained to recognize respiratory distress.